RE: [soapbuilders] user/password

  • Tom Jordahl
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2005
      There is no specification that details how these values are passed from
      client to service. You should be able to crack the SOAP Envelope in .NET
      and get the username/password values. Actually, it might be in the HTTP
      request headers, I can't remember off hand. Check the Axis source for how
      we do this.

      Tom Jordahl

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2005
        Hi Tom,

        The AXIS client puts the info in the HTTP header, and presumably the
        AXIS server pulls it from there. The problem is that the .NET client
        doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header (unless I am using
        the API wrong).

        Bill

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Jordahl <tomj@m...> wrote:

        > There is no specification that details how these values are passed from
        > client to service. You should be able to crack the SOAP Envelope in
        .NET
        > and get the username/password values. Actually, it might be in the HTTP
        > request headers, I can't remember off hand. Check the Axis source
        for how
        > we do this.
        >
        > Tom Jordahl

      • Tom Jordahl
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005
          > The problem is that the .NET client
          > doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header
          > (unless I am using the API wrong).

          Yup. This is as expected. No specification or standard means no interop.

          I am pretty sure that you can *put* the u/p in the HTTP header with the .NET
          APIs. I don't have the first idea on how to do this. But MS has lots of
          APIs to tweak this stuff.

          Tom Jordahl
          Macromedia Server Development

          The AXIS client puts the info in the HTTP header, and presumably the
          AXIS server pulls it from there. The problem is that the .NET client
          doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header (unless I am using
          the API wrong).

          Bill

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Jordahl <tomj@m...> wrote:

          > There is no specification that details how these values are passed from
          > client to service. You should be able to crack the SOAP Envelope in
          .NET
          > and get the username/password values. Actually, it might be in the HTTP
          > request headers, I can't remember off hand. Check the Axis source
          for how
          > we do this.
          >
          > Tom Jordahl

        • Michele Leroux Bustamante
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005

            Why aren’t you using the OASIS WS-Security username token profile? That is the standard for these things. WSE 2.0 is the .NET library that serializes this interoperably and I have successfully invoke Axis with this, with WSS4J handling the WS-Security headers.

            > doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header
            > (unless I am using the API wrong).

            Yup.  This is as expected.  No specification or standard means no interop.

            I am pretty sure that you can *put* the u/p in the HTTP header with the .NET
            APIs.  I don't have the first idea on how to do this.  But MS has lots of
            APIs to tweak this stuff.

            Tom Jordahl
            Macromedia Server Development

            The AXIS client puts the info in the HTTP header, and presumably the
            AXIS server pulls it from there.  The problem is that the .NET client
            doesn't put the user/password in the HTTP header (unless I am using
            the API wrong).

            Bill

            --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com , Tom Jordahl <tomj@m...> wrote:

            > There is no specification that details how these values are passed from
            > client to service.  You should be able to crack the SOAP Envelope in
            .NET
            > and get the username/password values.  Actually, it might be in the HTTP
            > request headers, I can't remember off hand.  Check the Axis source
            for how
            > we do this.
            >
            > Tom Jordahl

          • Bill Keese
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005
              Interesting.  Is the link below what you are talking about?

              http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wse/html/1a633f76-5173-40d8-8dfb-5fdba063e6e8.asp

              It seems to suggest modifying the file generated by wsdl.exe.  Is that right?

              Also, this puts the user/password in the <soap:Header> rather than into the HTTP header.  What is the code in AXIS for grabbing the user/password from the soap header?  Is it the same code I mentioned before?