Re: [soapbuilders] xml:id support

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
      > Also, is [xml:id] on the WS-I radar
      > for addressing XML Signature interop?

      I don't think it's a WS-I issue (Im' on the security group), but rather
      more of a WS-Security and SAML issue. There has been lots of heated
      discussion in those two groups about ID (type, not name:) attributes,
      embedding documents in other docs, etc. xml:id is not quite a panacea,
      although some think it comes *real* close. Unfortunately, I forget the
      details. Ron Monzillo at Sun is very involved in this; let me know if you
      want his email; I don't want to post it to the public list.

      Rich Salz Chief Security Architect
      XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
      XML Security Overview http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html