Re: [soapbuilders] Infopath and Axis

  • Glen Daniels
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2004
      Hi Lee:

      I think this kind of question actually is about an interoperability
      issue, so it's OK (IMO at least) to post it here. What would be useful,
      though, would be to see a) the WSDL, b) the actual error you get, and c)
      wire traces of the messages as obtained through tcpmon/tcptrace/etc.

      Once you know it's a problem with a particular toolkit, then you can
      post to the appropriate list (which for Axis would be
      axis-user@...).

      --Glen

      Lee Pollington wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >Firstly, I am new to Web Services and SOAP, I didn't realise what I was
      >getting into :)
      >
      >I have posted to MSDN, but have not received a response there. I have seen
      >another post on this list about changing parameter types manually, but that
      >doesn't seem to be my problem.
      >
      >I am trying to get MS Infopath (SP1) to work with Axis, submitting the XML
      >form data to a simple method. In the Infopath interface I can see the method
      >but not the string parameter. After some initial investigation, I believe
      >this is down to SOAP interoperability problems.
      >
      >Being new to all this, I wanted to ask the experts whether I am pouring
      >effort down the drain, or if anyone knows if I can make this work. My
      >*guess* is that this is a SOAPAction issue. Is there another free java
      >SOAP/WS implementation that would work?
      >
      >Sorry to be vague, I don't know any better. I can provide my WSDL if needed.
      >
      >Best Regards,
      >Lee

    • batwanger7000
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2004
        Thanks Glen,

        I have a web page here that shows the Infopath wizard (no error
        message) and the WSDL and TCP trace.

        All help appreciated!

        Lee

        --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Glen Daniels <glen@t...> wrote:
        > Hi Lee:
        >
        > I think this kind of question actually is about an interoperability
        > issue, so it's OK (IMO at least) to post it here. What would be
        useful,
        > though, would be to see a) the WSDL, b) the actual error you get,
        and c)
        > wire traces of the messages as obtained through tcpmon/tcptrace/etc.
        >
        > Once you know it's a problem with a particular toolkit, then you
        can
        > post to the appropriate list (which for Axis would be
        > axis-user@w...).
        >
        > --Glen
        >
        > Lee Pollington wrote:
        >
        > >Hi,
        > >
        > >Firstly, I am new to Web Services and SOAP, I didn't realise what
        I was
        > >getting into :)
        > >
        > >I have posted to MSDN, but have not received a response there. I
        have seen
        > >another post on this list about changing parameter types manually,
        but that
        > >doesn't seem to be my problem.
        > >
        > >I am trying to get MS Infopath (SP1) to work with Axis, submitting
        the XML
        > >form data to a simple method. In the Infopath interface I can see
        the method
        > >but not the string parameter. After some initial investigation, I
        believe
        > >this is down to SOAP interoperability problems.
        > >
        > >Being new to all this, I wanted to ask the experts whether I am
        pouring
        > >effort down the drain, or if anyone knows if I can make this work.
        My
        > >*guess* is that this is a SOAPAction issue. Is there another free
        java
        > >SOAP/WS implementation that would work?
        > >
        > >Sorry to be vague, I don't know any better. I can provide my WSDL
        if needed.

        > >Best Regards,
        > >Lee

      • batwanger7000
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 13, 2004
          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.pollington/soapinterop/

          --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "batwanger7000"
          <batwanger70@h...> wrote:

          > Thanks Glen,
          >
          > I have a web page here that shows the Infopath wizard (no error
          > message) and the WSDL and TCP trace.
          >
          > All help appreciated!
          >
          > Lee
          >
          > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Glen Daniels <glen@t...> wrote:
          > > Hi Lee:
          > >
          > > I think this kind of question actually is about an
          interoperability
          > > issue, so it's OK (IMO at least) to post it here. What would be
          > useful,
          > > though, would be to see a) the WSDL, b) the actual error you get,
          > and c)
          > > wire traces of the messages as obtained through
          tcpmon/tcptrace/etc.

          > > Once you know it's a problem with a particular toolkit, then you
          > can
          > > post to the appropriate list (which for Axis would be
          > > axis-user@w...).
          > >
          > > --Glen
          > >
          > > Lee Pollington wrote:
          > >
          > > >Hi,
          > > >
          > > >Firstly, I am new to Web Services and SOAP, I didn't realise
          what
          > I was
          > > >getting into :)
          > > >
          > > >I have posted to MSDN, but have not received a response there. I
          > have seen
          > > >another post on this list about changing parameter types
          manually,
          > but that
          > > >doesn't seem to be my problem.
          > > >
          > > >I am trying to get MS Infopath (SP1) to work with Axis,
          submitting
          > the XML
          > > >form data to a simple method. In the Infopath interface I can
          see
          > the method
          > > >but not the string parameter. After some initial investigation,
          > believe
          > > >this is down to SOAP interoperability problems.
          > > >
          > > >Being new to all this, I wanted to ask the experts whether I am
          > pouring
          > > >effort down the drain, or if anyone knows if I can make this
          work.
          > My
          > > >*guess* is that this is a SOAPAction issue. Is there another
          free
          > java
          > > >SOAP/WS implementation that would work?
          > > >
          > > >Sorry to be vague, I don't know any better. I can provide my
          WSDL
          > if needed.
          > > >
          > > >Best Regards,
          > > >Lee

        • Glen Daniels
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2004
            Hi Lee:

            Try using "wrapped" style instead of "document" in Axis (i.e. change the
            WSDD). That should, I think, solve your problem.

            --Glen

            batwanger7000 wrote:

            > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.pollington/soapinterop/
            >
            > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "batwanger7000"
            > <batwanger70@h...> wrote:
            >
            >>Thanks Glen,
            >>
            >>I have a web page here that shows the Infopath wizard (no error
            >>message) and the WSDL and TCP trace.
            >>
            >>All help appreciated!
            >>
            >>Lee
            >>
            >>--- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Glen Daniels <glen@t...> wrote:
            >>
            >>>Hi Lee:
            >>>
            >>>I think this kind of question actually is about an
            >
            > interoperability
            >
            >>>issue, so it's OK (IMO at least) to post it here. What would be
            >>
            >>useful,
            >>
            >>>though, would be to see a) the WSDL, b) the actual error you get,
            >>
            >>and c)
            >>
            >>>wire traces of the messages as obtained through
            >
            > tcpmon/tcptrace/etc.
            >
            >>>Once you know it's a problem with a particular toolkit, then you
            >>
            >>can
            >>
            >>>post to the appropriate list (which for Axis would be
            >>>axis-user@w...).
            >>>
            >>>--Glen

            > what
            >
            >>I was

            >>have seen

            > manually,
            >
            >>but that

            > submitting
            >
            >>the XML

            > see
            >
            >>the method

            >>believe

            >>pouring

            > work.
            >
            >>My

            > free
            >
            >>java

            > WSDL
            >
            >>if needed.

          • batwanger7000
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 2004
              Great, thanks Glen that did it.

              Can I ask why and not understand the answer :)

              Is it that MS Soap or whatever is underneath only understands the
              wrapped flavour?

              Thanks again, happy Christmas/Holidays!