DIME: Linux Client and MS Server

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2004
      Can I please get some advise on who has actual success with this DIME
      config?
      Specifically we wish to push a file from a Linux client to MS server.

      We'd like to have both perl and C++ on the Linux client but would be
      happy with either for the moment.

      Soap::Lite 0.65 mentions that it needs some patches in DIME::Tools.

      Experiments with gSoap had:
      "Gsoap seemed not to like the idea of serialising attachments as
      DIME; when the instructions in the documentation were followed, it
      wound up passing the attachments as parameters inside the SOAP
      envelope, and not tacking on additional DIME+href attachments like it
      should have"

      Does any one have a client-side sample that shows how its done?

      thanks!
      dj.
    • Tomas Bahnik
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2004
        David,
        Systinet Server for C++ [1] supports DIME attachments. At the end of the
        year, version 5.5 will be available which supports also unreferenced
        attachments - useful since MS WSE doesn't generate attachments into wsdl

        Tomas Bahnik
        Systinet Corp

        [1] http://www.systinet.com/products/wasp_cserver/overview

        > Can I please get some advise on who has actual success with this DIME
        > config?
        > Specifically we wish to push a file from a Linux client to MS server.
        >
        > We'd like to have both perl and C++ on the Linux client but would be
        > happy with either for the moment.
        >
        > Soap::Lite 0.65 mentions that it needs some patches in DIME::Tools.
        >
        > Experiments with gSoap had:
        > "Gsoap seemed not to like the idea of serialising attachments as
        > DIME; when the instructions in the documentation were followed, it
        > wound up passing the attachments as parameters inside the SOAP
        > envelope, and not tacking on additional DIME+href attachments like it
        > should have"
        >
        > Does any one have a client-side sample that shows how its done?
        >
        > thanks!
        > dj.

      • Michele Leroux Bustamante
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 26, 2004

          Any reason you have to use DIME? The standard for interoperability per WS-I today is SwA, and there is a .NET soap extension to support this, most other platforms already support this.

          Michele Leroux Bustamante

          Principal Software Architect, IDesign Inc. - www.idesign.net

          Program Advisor, UCSD Extension - cnt.ucsdx.net

          Microsoft Regional Director – www.microsoft.com/rd

          Microsoft MVP - XML Web Services

          BEA Technical Director

          International .NET Association Speaker - www.ineta.org

          Newsletter - www.dotnetdashboard.net

          Blog – www.dasblonde.net

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 26, 2004
            What's the .NET extension that supports SwA? I thought DIME was the only
            attachment format MS supports currently.

            - Dennis

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27, 2004
              As per Dennis' question, at the time we developed, we understood that
              DIME was the only option. Now we are committed because we have
              pocketsoap clients deployed.
              Any pointers to DIME on Linux?

              thanks in advance
              d.

              --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Michele Leroux Bustamante"
              <mlb@i...> wrote:
              > Any reason you have to use DIME? The standard for interoperability
              per WS-I
              > today is SwA, and there is a .NET soap extension to support this,
              most other
              > platforms already support this.

              > Michele Leroux Bustamante
              >
              > Principal Software Architect, IDesign Inc. - www.idesign.net

              <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\Micr

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rkrgia/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=gr

              oups/S=1705701014:HM/EXP=1101539644/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i7748q1/*http:/clk.a

              oups/S=1705701014:HM/EXP=1101539644/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i7748q1/*http:/clk.a

              <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=11014532

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=
              > :HM/A=2343726/rand=533653398>
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Fred Hartman
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
                webMethods Glue [1] supports DIME on Linux and I believe it has been
                tested against MS implementations with samples here [2].

                Cheers,
                Fred

                [1] http://www.webmethods.com/meta/default/folder/0000007014
                [2] http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735619220/102-3855079-2973735

                David Jones wrote:

                > As per Dennis' question, at the time we developed, we understood that
                > DIME was the only option. Now we are committed because we have
                > pocketsoap clients deployed.
                > Any pointers to DIME on Linux?
                >
                > thanks in advance
                > d.
                >
                > --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, "Michele Leroux Bustamante"
                > <mlb@i...> wrote:
                >
                >>Any reason you have to use DIME? The standard for interoperability
                >
                > per WS-I
                >
                >>today is SwA, and there is a .NET soap extension to support this,
                >
                > most other
                >
                >>platforms already support this.

                >>Michele Leroux Bustamante
                >>
                >>Principal Software Architect, IDesign Inc. - www.idesign.net
                >>

                > <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\
                > Micr
                >
                >>osoft\Signatures\BLOCKED>
                >>
                >>Program Advisor, UCSD Extension - cnt.ucsdx.net
                >>

                > <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\
                > Micr
                >
                >>osoft\Signatures\BLOCKED>
                >>
                >>Microsoft Regional Director - www.microsoft.com/rd
                >>
                >>Microsoft MVP - XML Web Services
                >>
                >>BEA Technical Director
                >>
                >>International .NET Association Speaker - www.ineta.org
                >>

                > <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Application%20Data\
                > Micr
                >
                >>osoft\Signatures\BLOCKED>
                >>
                >>Newsletter - www.dotnetdashboard.net <http://www.dotnetdashboard.net/>
                >

                >>Blog - www.dasblonde.net <http://www.dasblonde.net/>