Hidden service

  • weissinator13
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2004
      I have a client that needs to access a service that is hidden behind a
      firewall. The client knows only about a "firewall" service that takes
      requests and re-routes them to the proper internal service based on a
      mapping file.
      Currently this is done using a Command Pattern, where the firewall
      service and all internal services implement the same method signature
      (executeApp(string, string)). The firewall service has to pick off
      one of the parameters to determine where the request should be routed.
      This is ineffient and does not really use SOAP the way it should or
      could.
      I have been trying to find more information on WS-Routing,
      WS-Addressing, etc, but I can't seem to find info on my scenario.
      My question is, what is the best way to achieve this? I need to hide
      the final service destination from the client, but the client will
      know the proper method and params to pass, just not the final
      destination. I need the intermediary firewall service to route the
      request to the appropriate service. However, I want to use SOAP to do
      the routing rather than having to manually parse messages and send to
      a standard method signature.
      I am currently running AXIS 1.1.

      TIA,
      Eric