9793WSIF API- Exception in fetching the portNumber

  • sarinkaran
    Mar 2, 2004
      hi people
      i am facing the problem in invocation of the web service in .net
      located on the remote machine.
      i am using the WSIF api to do that. i am done with all the required
      jar files in my class path namely : wsif-j2c,wsdl4j,axis,,j2ee,jaxrpc.
      my wsdl does not mention the localhost in its address sapce as
      required but still i am getting the following exception:

      Exception in thread "main" org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Unable to
      find an available port
      at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFServiceImpl.getPort(Unknown
      Source)
      at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFServiceImpl.getPort(Unknown
      Source)
      at Client.main(Client.java:30)
      i am mentioning the wsdl path as:
      http://aravindakshan/SVWS/Service1.asmx?WSDL aravinddakshan is the
      machine name
      the Service method is as follows:
      //create a service factory
      WSIFServiceFactory factory =
      WSIFServiceFactory.newInstance();
      WSIFService service= factory.getService(args
      [0],null,null,"http://tempuri.org/","SVWSSoap");

      //get the port
      WSIFPort port= service.getPort();

      plz help as there is a deadline to meet and i am very new to the
      topic
      even the samples provided in the pacakage on simplesoap and
      complexsoap are showing me the same exception
      KARAN