9682Help required on Digest Authentication !!

  • Anshuk Jain
    Dec 30, 2003

      Web Server: IIS 6.0
      OS: Windows Server 2003
      Client: VB 6.0 with SOAP tool kit

      We need to setup "Digest Authentication" for a Web Service which is
      hosted on a IIS Web Server. A VB 6.0 client connects to the Web
      Service using SOAP tool kit.
      We have enabled the Digest Authentication in the Web Server.

      According to the SOAP tool kit user help, the following is prescribed
      for Digest Authentication.
      Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 8

      With the above code when the client tries to connect to the web
      service, it is giving the following error message. " "No matching
      authorization scheme enable on connector". But, with the same
      authentication in the web server if we connect to the web service
      from IE client, it is working fine.

      At the same time when we change the Authentication mode to "Basic" in
      the web server and change the VB 6.0 code as below then it is working
      fine.
      Connector.Property("WinHTTPAuthScheme") = 1

      We want to know how this could be resolved so that the VB 6.0 client
      could connect to the web service with "Digest" authentication.
      Any pointers on this will be appreciated.

      Regards,
      Anshuk Jain
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic