9515Re: Perl SOAP client timeout problem

  • bparthas
    Oct 20, 2003
      Hmmm.....looks like I spoke too soon. I set the timeout value to 600
      and it works.

      Balaji

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Balaji Parthasarathy
      <bparthas@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm having a Perl SOAP timeout problem on client side (Error is:
      500 read timeout at .... line 44). How do I increase the timeout
      value. I tried these

      > 1) my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      > -> uri('urn:load')
      > -> proxy('http://blah.blah.com/webservices/test', timeout => 30)
      > -> someMethod(a, b, c, d);
      >
      > 2) my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      > -> uri('urn:load')
      > -> proxy('http://blah.blah.com:8081/webservices/test');
      >
      > eval { $soap->transport->timeout(30) };
      > $res = $soap->someMethod(a, b, c, d);
      >
      > The webservice takes information about a file and does a FTP pull.
      Interesting thing is even though my client dies at timeout the
      server finishes the FTP successfully.

      > Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW, is the timeout in "seconds"
      or "milliseconds" or "minutes"?

      > Thanks
      > Balaji

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic