9345WS-I and doc/lit

  • fraser_goffin
    Jul 19, 2003
      Reading through the WS-I Basic Profile I noted that
      recommendation R2201 states that a MAXIMUM of ONE part can
      be listed to be contained within the SOAP Body when
      document-literal binding is being used.

      Can any explain to me why that is ??

      We have a situation where the SOAP Body is used to carry
      more than one part. The first part is a manifest which is
      used to describe and locate the part(s) which carry the
      actual business data payload(s).

      Example :-

      The following snippets would appear to be non compliant to
      the WS-I Basic profile. Can someone please explain why ??

      WSDL snippet :-

      <message name="PropertyRFP_In">
      <part name="Manifest" element="tns:Manifest"/>
      <part name="Payload" element="ppp:Transaction"/>
      </message>
      <message name="PropertyRFP_Out">
      <documentation>Response message contains an empty SOAP:Body - no
      parts defined</documentation>
      </message>
      <portType name="PropertyRFP_PT">
      <operation name="PaymentRequest">
      <input message="tns:PropertyRFP_In"/>
      <output message="tns:PropertyRFP_Out"/>
      </operation>
      </portType>
      <binding name="PropertyRFP_Bin"
      type="tns:PropertyRFP_PT">
      <soap:binding style="document"
      <operation name="PaymentRequest">
      <soap:operation
      soapAction="http://www.xxx.co.uk/PropertyRFP"
      style="document"/>
      <input>
      <soap:body parts="Manifest Payload"
      use="literal"/>
      </input>
      <output>
      <soap:body use="literal"/>
      </output>
      </operation>
      </binding>

      Message snippet :-

      <SOAP:Envelope>
      <SOAP:Body>
      <Manifest>
      <Reference
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xlink:href="#CDUK000001"
      xlink:role="xxx-uk.co.uk/xmlstds/RFP/role.htm">
      <Schema version="1.01"
      location="http://xxx-co.uk/ContentsRFP
      ContentsRFP.xsd"/>
      </Reference>
      <Reference
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xlink:href="#CDUK000002"
      xlink:role="xxx-uk.co.uk/xmlstds/RFP/role.htm">
      <Schema version="1.01"
      location="http://xxx-co.uk/PropertyRFP
      PropertyRFP.xsd"/>
      </Reference>
      </Manifest>
      <php:Transaction
      xmlns:php="http://xxx-.co.uk/ContentsRFP"
      Id="CDUK000001"
      TransactionName="ContentsRFP"
      MessageVersion="01_01">
      <TransDate>2002-07-25</TransDate>
      <TransEffectiveDate>2002-07-25</TransEffectiveDate>
      </php:Transaction>
      <ppp:Transaction
      xmlns:ppp="http://www.xxx-co.uk/PropertyRFP"
      Id="CDUK000002"
      TransactionName="ContentsRFP"
      MessageVersion="01_01">
      <TransDate>2002-07-25</TransDate>
      <TransEffectiveDate>2002-07-25</TransEffectiveDate>
      </ppp:Transaction>
      </SOAP:Body>
      </SOAP:Envelope>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic