8746Re: [soapbuilders] Re: WSDL MIME binding with arrays

  • Stanislav Opichal
    Oct 18, 2002
      Hi!

      On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Simon Fell wrote:

      > On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:48:19 -0000, in ws you wrote:
      >
      > >Hi All!
      > >
      > >Is the mime-rpc.wsdl describing the EchoAttachments operation really
      > >valid MIME attachment array echo operation according the MIME WSDL
      > >binding? I can't find any information about it in there.
      >
      > Its the closest i could get, but it doesn't appear possible to
      > describe arrays of attachments in WSDL. It still appears in the WSDL
      > as we are testing SOAP attachments interop, not WSDL interop.

      I understand that we are testing attachments. But does this mean that we
      should all implement this feature (extension to the specs) into our WSDL
      compiler or just to hack the client and server code so that it copes with
      it on SOAP level only.
      I the case the WSDL compiler should support this... Are there any rules
      for what should be considered as an array of attachments and what as an
      attachments with an array contents? Or is it only a soap:Array with an
      item of type xsd:base64Binary should go for an array of attachments and
      everything else should be handled according to the MIME WSDL binding spec?

      best regards

      Stan

      --
      Stanislav Opichal