8543Re: [soapbuilders] Round 4 "Fault" test endpoint

  • Arun Gupta
    Sep 10, 2002
      I've updated the document to clarify this.

      Couple of issues with WM's endpoint:

      1). Faults with array elements are not getting serialized correctly.
      Here is request/repsonse message for StringFault.

      Request message
      ---------------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:ns0="http://soapinterop.org/types"
      xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/wsdl"
      env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <env:Body>
      <ns1:echoMultipleFaults2>
      <whichFault xsi:type="xsd:int">3</whichFault>
      <param1 xsi:type="xsd:string">Hello SOAPBuilders!</param1>
      <param2 xsi:type="xsd:float">2.14748365E9</param2>
      <param3 href="#ID1"/>
      </ns1:echoMultipleFaults2>
      <ns0:ArrayOfString id="ID1" xsi:type="enc:Array"
      enc:arrayType="xsd:string[14]">
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">Now</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">is</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">the</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">time</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">for</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">all</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">wise</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">men</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">to</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">raise</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">for</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">the</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">country's</item>
      <item xsi:type="xsd:string">help</item>
      </ns0:ArrayOfString></env:Body></env:Envelope>

      Response message
      ----------------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode
      xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      ns:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>
      Fault in response to 'echoMultipleFaults2'.
      </faultstring>
      <detail>
      <d:part6
      SOAP-ENC:arrayType="nsa:string[0]"
      SOAP-ENC:offset="[0]"
      xmlns:d="http://soapinterop.org/wsdl"
      xmlns:nsa="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/>
      </detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      2). Enums are not getting echoed back correctly. Here are the
      request/response messages:

      Request message
      ---------------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <env:Envelope
      xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:ns0="http://soapinterop.org/types"
      xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/wsdl"
      env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <env:Body>
      <ns1:echoMultipleFaults4>
      <whichFault xsi:type="xsd:int">2</whichFault>
      <param1 xsi:type="xsd:int">23532</param1>
      <param2 href="#ID1"/></ns1:echoMultipleFaults4>
      <ns0:Enum id="ID1" xsi:type="ns0:Enum">1</ns0:Enum>
      </env:Body></env:Envelope>

      Response message
      ----------------
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
      ns:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Fault in response to 'echoMultipleFaults4'.
      </faultstring>
      <detail><d:part9
      xmlns:d="http://soapinterop.org/wsdl">0</d:part9>
      </detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      Thanks,
      -Arun