8506Re: [soapbuilders] Round 4 "Fault" test endpoint

  • Arun Gupta
    Sep 5, 2002
      Athough that's a good approach, but I've defined the test spec such that
      either a fault is the only fault thrown from the method or if it's
      thrown along with other faults, it's thrown for the same parameter value
      in different methods. This makes the programming little easier where you
      may define variables at the top level and use them across different
      method invocations.

      Also, the fault codes in all your responses in env:Client instead of
      env:Server. Can you please check that ?

      Thanks,
      -Arun

      Bob Cunnings wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Ok, I see the problem. I naively associated the fault message with an input
      > parameter value based on the name of the fault message (e.g. SimpleFault1 to
      > "1", but it really maps to "2"), which fails for that operation.
      >
      > The same goes for the others. I'll get this fixed later today. Yes, it's
      > important to adhere to the spec!
      >
      > RC
      >

      > > Hi Bob,
      > >
      > > I ran JAX-RPC clients against your "fault" endpoint.
      > >
      > > In simple-rpc-encoded, if you can change your service implementation to
      > > throw faults as per the test specification at
      > > http://soapinterop.java.sun.com/soapbuilders/r4/index.html then
      > > echoMultipleFaults2 will throw StringFault and FloatFault in the correct
      > > order. Other than that all tests pass.
      > >
      > > Similarly some of the exceptions thrown in complex-rpc-encoded are also
      > > not as per the test specification.
      > >
      > > I know I posted the specification yesterday only, but it's important
      > > that we stick to that since that is the basis for us to ensure correct
      > > faults are thrown by the server and expected by the client accordingly.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > -Arun
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705701014:HM/A=810373/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705701014:HM/A=810373/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      There is only one me, I must live myself!
      There is only one today, I must live itself!
      http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html