8074Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP 1.2 GET binding

  • rjray@blackperl.com
    Jul 2, 2002

      Bob> Worse yet, from what I gather the use of SOAP headers is precluded by
      Bob> this scheme. I can scarce imagine a deployed service that wouldn't use
      Bob> header blocks to implement extensions like security.

      The HTTP bindings in general seem to have overlooked the possible use of HTTP
      headers, Cookie: headers in particular. I recently developed a sample WSDL
      file for a SOAP service that uses cookies for authentication (the SOAP service
      is based on users already being registered for other features of the site).
      Other than the fact that a HTTP header would have the same limitation with
      regards to complex data that the GET binding suffers from, it seems to me like
      there could easily be a http:header (or even http:cookie) element for
      specifying this kind of input.

      Randy J. Ray rjray@...
      Campbell, CA rjray@...