8070Re: SOAP 1.2 GET binding

  • cdthoughtpost
    Jul 2, 2002
      Where does the WSDL HTTP GET binding come into play here? Should
      that be used as the basis for support of this feature? If so, then
      WSDL seems to assume either a replacement scheme or encoding as the
      query string, defined in the GET binding.

      What's the current state of the union on HTTP GET support? I've
      been away for a while, but some quick searches didn't turn up a
      whole lot, and I'm guessing from this discussion that its not very

      For what its worth, part 2 of the spec (4.1.2 & 6.4.3) reads pretty
      clearly, no headers for GET; if you need headers, (and like Bob
      said, won't most real services someday?) you're doing a POST.

      Chris Dix