7913RE: [soapbuilders] ASP.NET hexBinary test now posted on mssoapinterop.org

  • Kirill Gavrylyuk
    Jun 9, 2002

      Hi, Eric!

      The tests should go just fine using your existing stub – it’s document/literal wrapped with form=”unqualified” on the inner elements. So the message on the wire will be exactly the same.

      If you can’t parse mixed style wsdls, you can use rpc/encoded wsdl on the client side – it should run ok.

      The reason I asked John to introduce this method is: there were questions on the f2f “why doesn’t .Net support hexBinary”. Well, .Net does support it with the document/literal style. So we’d like to test Interop for the .Net hexBinary implementation, since people have the client tests already.

      If this still causes inconvenience in testing on others side – we could move this method in a separate wsdl. But the intent was to get test coverage without asking you to change your client tests.

      Thanks