7904Re: IONA round 2 endpoint

  • simonfell99
    Jun 6, 2002
      Thanks Daniel.

      I can't see the content-length problem though, I doubled checked and
      still get 223. Were you using ethereal to examine the dump or just
      looking at the raw file ?, if you look at the raw file, then it also
      contains data from the TCP & IP headers, which you may be counting.

      I might temporarly fold the writes into a single buffer [i thought
      that naggling would do this anyway], but I plan to move to using
      expect: 100-continue at some point, so in this case it will always
      send the headers on there own first.

      --- In soapbuilders@y..., Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@i...> wrote:
      > Simon,
      > > Daniel, I'm still seeing this problem, I've attached the following
      > > 1) a raw ethereal capture of exchange [iona.libpcap]
      > > 2) a copy of the captured complete request [iona_req.txt]
      > > 3) a copy of the captured complete response [iona_res.txt]
      > >
      > > You should be able to load the raw capture into tcpdump or
      ethereal to
      > > look at the exact packet exchanges.
      > Well, there are two problems, one on your end and a big one on ours:
      > Your end: the Content-Length header is off. I count 244
      > (including CR and LF) for the content, not 223. However, that
      > result in a parse exception (not all the XML is there), not the
      error you
      > are seeing. I snagged the bytes out of the libpcap and pretty much
      > counted.
      > Our end: there seems to be a bug in our app server that barfs if
      > headers and content are EXACTLY split accross two packets with the
      > complete headers in one and the content in the other. In your
      case, if I
      > take your data and do:
      > out.write(bt,0,281);
      > out.flush();
      > out.write(bt,281,bt.length-281);
      > out.flush();
      > it fails with the same error you see. Any value other than 280 or
      > seems to work fine. (281 is the cuttoff at the end of the headers)
      > Anyway, if you change your client to not flush the stream
      > after the headers, you should be all set. However, this is a bug on
      > side so I wouldn't expect a change from you.
      > Thanks!
      > --
      > J. Daniel Kulp
      > Principal Engineer
      > IONA
      > END 2 ANYWHERE
      > P: 781-902-8727 C: 617-513-4582 F:781-902-8001
      > daniel.kulp@i...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic