725Re: [soapbuilders] Outstanding BDG issues

  • Fredrik Lundh
    Mar 31, 2001
      jake wrote:
      > I think the SOAP spec specifically says that as long as the URI is a sub-URI
      > of http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ indicates "conformance with the
      > SOAP encoding rules defined in section 5"

      Have you tried it? My tests indicate that only one server
      actually checked the encoding URI, and it didn't like the
      BDG version...

      But thinking some more, I think the main difference here is
      that I don't see (and I refuse to see) the BDG as a protocol
      variant. Instead, the BDG describes a set of restrictions
      that a SOAP-based application may chose to enforce.

      There's nothing in the SOAP specification that says that
      an application cannot say "sorry, I don't understand that
      request", even if it's handed a syntactically valid SOAP

      The BDG simply specifies what your application (consisting
      of your code, plus a BDG-compatible stack) MUST to under-
      stand, in order to be "BDG compliant".

      It's still 100% SOAP 1.1; all it does is adding some policy
      to the mechanisms. If you don't like the policy, don't use

      Cheers /F
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic