7Re: [soapbuilders] WSDL and method names

  • Jacek Kopecky
    Jan 31, 2001
      > > On a slightly different note, while i was working on the WSDL
      > > generator for 4s4c, i tried various WSDL toolkits, and in
      > > particular i
      > > tried doing some array / complex type inter-op, and i couldn't get
      > > of them to work cross-tool for arrays or complex types.
      > Right, there (at least in SOAP::Lite) is no support for arrays and
      > complex types. I don't want to implements it before I'll have clear
      > understanding how to map it to user input.

      When we were implementing our WSDL parser for our stub-generating
      tools, we decided to go with some subset of XML Scheme that seemed to
      describe the complex types the best.

      > > I'd like to propose that we workup some well documented examples of
      > > what WSDL should look like, and try and resolve some of the
      > > outstanding issues that Tony Hong has already raised (which part of
      > > WSDL controls the method names / responses, one way vs empty
      > > response etc )
      > It would be great! Who will take the lead? Author? :))

      Attached is our demo WSDL description where we use both structures
      and arrays. Comments welcome. 8-)

      This WSDL description is parsable with version 1.0 of IdooXoap and
      describes a (very demo-ish) service at our server soap.idoox.net. I
      can post example requests sent by stubs generated from this WSDL so
      that you know how we interpret the WSDL description.

      I already know about one thing that we fixed after 1.0 that is
      probably a problem with our understanding of WSDL, it's the body
      element's namespace that isn't being put there in 1.0.

      I think this might be a good starting point for creating that
      well-documented example WSDL.

      Enjoy! 8-)

      Jacek Kopecky
      Idoox