6857Re: Literal, wsdl.exe, and SOAP Arrays

  • sound0
    Feb 4, 2002
      Thank you for the clarification. Its all starting to make some sense!

      If this is the case, then I'm curious why most of the toolkits I've
      seen only support SOAP encoded arrays for literal "use" if they are
      actually not valid? Wouldn't this prevent interop with .Net services
      that are document/literal (the default for ASP.NET) and use arrays ?

      If anyone knows of a Java toolkit that supports non-SOAP encoded
      arrays, I'd love to hear about it.

      Thanks again for the responses.

      -Brad

      --- In soapbuilders@y..., "Matt Long" <mlong@P...> wrote:
      > My understanding of WSDL Sec 2.2 for encoded types does not require
      that the
      > schema in 'types' guarantee a complete literal definition of the
      referenced
      > type, that using such type as literal (for SOAP encoded arrays)
      would not be
      > a validating schema for the type itself (assuming generalized
      convention for
      > type="prefix:ArrayOfXXX"). I would also tend to believe that the
      schema of
      > a literal element or type (of which literal 'type' does have some
      issues)
      > must be a validating schema for the element/type. Given the two
      > aforementioned items the 'typical' ArrayOfXXX usage for
      encoded 'type' would
      > not guarantee a valid schema for a literal 'type.'...just my
      opinion.

      > Thoughts?
      >
      > Thx,
      >
      > -Matt Long