663RE: [soapbuilders] Outstanding BDG issues

  • Paul Kulchenko
    Mar 30, 2001
      Hi, Simon and others!

      I have one more issue. Why don't alter encodingStyle to
      http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/bdg or something else?

      It's it perfectly spec conformant:

      4.1.1. In addition, all URIs syntactically beginning with
      "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" indicate conformance with
      the SOAP encoding rules defined in section 5 (though with potentially
      tighter rules added).

      That's exactly what we need.

      And it would specify that implementation support ONLY subset if
      required and at the same time doesn't change anything in existent
      implementations. It will also provide correct fallback if application
      does NOT want to reply/support BDG.

      Maybe not all application will handle this functionality
      out-of-the-box, but it's easy to add and imho the way to go.

      Comments?

      Best wishes, Paul.