5816Re: [soapbuilders] SOAP w/ Attachments Interop tests ?

  • Paul Kulchenko
    Nov 5, 2001
      Hi, Simon!

      Would it be possible do NOT require to encode response messages? For
      example, client sends image and server returns image size. That will
      gives as an ability to test reference URI's without requiring
      generate MIME.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Simon Fell <soap@...> wrote:
      > based on my reading of the spec todate, SwA requires you to use
      > section 5 encoding [as it relies on the href attribute, which is
      > part
      > of section 5, not the envelope]. I think the contents of the
      > attachment are fairly uninteresting, perhaps a plain/text test and
      > image/jpg test [to test binary transfers].
      > From the tests i've done with the other toolkits i think the
      > testing
      > of the different reference URI's styles is going to be key.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Simon
      >
      > On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:51:07 -0700, in soap you wrote:
      >
      > >Hi Simon,
      > >
      > >Sounds interesting.
      > >Do you have any ideas about the format if the testing? Would the
      > >emphasis be on doc/literal, or would other possibilities be
      > included
      > >(like rpc/encoded, with XML passed in a method parameter... how
      > >about echoXML()?!). Would you want to allow every possible way of
      > >formulating the reference URI's (absolute, relative, different
      > methods
      > >of base URI determination, etc.)?
      > >If something solidifies, I could take a stab at composing the WSDL
      >
      > >docs.
      > >
      > >RC
      > >
      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> There seems to be a growing number of toolkits that support SwA,
      > it
      > >> seems like now would be a good time to setup some SwA interop
      > tests.
      > >>
      > >> Thoughts ?
      > >>
      > >> Cheers
      > >> Simon