      From: Bob Cunnings [mailto:cunnings@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 2:06 PM
      To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [soapbuilders] question re: target namespaces for
      ArrayOfxxx

      Graham,

      The short answer is that it doesn't matter in what namespaces the
      types reside if both sender and receiver are validating against the
      same schemas... often in the form of a WSDL doc.

      Take a look at the typing for the ASP.NET endpoint as given in:

      http://www.mssoapinterop.org/asmx/simpleb.asmx?wsdl

      The types are found in two different namespaces,
      "http://soapinterop.org/xsd" and
      "http://soapinterop.org/encodedTypes".

      This is fine. Type "ArrayOfString" is used as the type of an
      accessor for compound type "SOAPArrayStruct", so there is a
      dependency on a type from a different namespace
      (http://soapinterop.org/encodedTypes), but that ok since that
      schema is available.

      Since the array of string is a compound type, it needs to be defined
      in a schema somewhere. In the absence of some existent schema
      defining such "commonplace" compound types, one must roll his
      own every time, in a domain specific (or arbitrary) namespace.
      WSDL generators seem content enough to do this.

      This has come up before, and you are right... it seems a little odd
      to be cooking up a new type every time you need an array of
      xsd:int or whatever.

      Is this what you meant?

      RC