      From: adrian@... [mailto:adrian@...]
      Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:11 PM
      To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [soapbuilders] Help urgent: .NET Beta 1

      Hi,

      I am having major problems working with .NET Beta 1 and other SOAP
      packages. The response, coming from a .NET beta 1 service, looks
      like:

      <?xml version="1.0" ?>
      - <FinancialHighlightsData
      xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">
      <Symbol>ADX</Symbol>
      <CompanyName>Adams Express Company</CompanyName>
      <Sales>000000001</Sales>
      <Income>3333</Income>
      <NetProfitMargin>0000000001</NetProfitMargin>
      <ReturnOnEquity>000001</ReturnOnEquity>
      <DebtToEquityRatio>00000001</DebtToEquityRatio>
      <RevenuePershare>0000002</RevenuePershare>
      <EarningsPerShare>0000000000000000001</EarningsPerShare>
      <BookValuePerShare>000000000001</BookValuePerShare>
      <DividendRate>1.85</DividendRate>
      <PayoutRatio>000000000001</PayoutRatio>
      </FinancialHighlightsData>

      which looks nothing like a SOAP response. It trips up Apache SOAP
      and SOAP:LITE.... any idea on how I can get the responses? In Apache
      SOAP, I tried using send instead of call.invoke... but the program
      still throws an exception when I try to receive (since it can't
      convert that into a soap object) I would like to get a string
      version of the above and just manually get the values, if that's
      possible. Thanks!

      Adrian

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to