10781Re: [soapbuilders] [ANN]JAX-WS 2.1 FCS released

  • Dennis Sosnoski
    Feb 13, 2007
      Davanum Srinivas wrote:

      > ... JIBX and ADB take very similar
      > approach. In JIBX's case, bytecode is generated that uses xpp3 and
      > populates the fields and in ADB we generate Stax/AXIOM based code to
      > the same and then compile it. So JIBX and ADB is very comparable.

      JiBX bytecode generation is not in any way tied to XPP3 - it implements
      its own abstraction layer for both parsers and output mechanisms, and
      supports both XPP3 and StAX parsers (not difficult, since the useful
      parts of StAX were largely based on XPP3). That point aside, I agree
      that JiBX and ADB take very similar approaches so I'd expect them to
      have about equal performance when used in the Axis2 environment. In
      fact, I think I remember mentioning this to you before your last
      benchmark results... :-)

      - Dennis
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic