10690Re: [soapbuilders] JAX-WS 2.0 Final Release

  • Steve Loughran
    Jun 6, 2006
      On 5/30/06, Doug Kohlert <doug.kohlert@...> wrote:
      > We are pleased to announce the Final Release of the reference
      > implementation of the Java API for XML Web Services 2.0 (JAX-WS).
      > JAX-WS is the standard Java API for doing web services. JAX-WS was
      > approved by Apache, BEA, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Intel, JBOSS, Oracle, SAP
      > and more. The reference implementation is a product quality
      > implementation of the spec and is used in Glassfish application server
      > (http://glassfish.dev.java.net) as well as Sun's Java System Application
      > Server PE 9 (http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp). JAX-WS
      > 2.0 is being developed as an open source project on java.net at
      > http://jax-ws.dev.java.net.

      > Key Features:
      > 1. Ease of use by utilizing annotations: deployment descriptors are
      > no longer necessary.

      I'm not convinced that hard coding deployment options in source is any
      better than coding them into XML descriptors, but that is a separate
      topic.

      What I am curious about is the fact that Java EE mandates both
      JAXRPC1.1 and JAXWS. Does glassfish run the old and the new side by
      side? Or does the stack merge a few methods down?

      -steve
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic