      From: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Kirill Gavrylyuk
      Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:59 PM
      To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [soapbuilders] Simple Type SOAP Headers

      Hi Simon,
      .Net 1.1 behavior aside, this is an interesting issue, that I don't
      think was discussed a lot (surprisingly).

      I do not believe that test_1header.wsdl at [1] is valid.

      The declaration of element tns:ValidFrom does not allow for SOAP
      attributes. Element tns:ValidForm per WSDL spec will be used literally
      in the message.

      I believe if you want to declare a header carrying a primitive type
      values, at minimum you need to open up the attribute content.

      E.g.
      <xs:complexType name="HeaderDateTimeType">
      <xs:simpleContent>
      <xs:extension base="xs:dateTime">
      <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax" />
      </xs:extension>
      </xs:simpleContent>
      </xs:complexType>
      <xs:element name="ValidFrom" type="tns:HeaderDateTimeType"/>

      Thoughts?