10283Re: .Net is automatically importing XML schema, how do I stop it from doing so??

  • rjc7878
    Jun 2, 2005
      The WS-I profile doesn't prohibit importing sorry about that. They
      just specify a certain way it needs to be done. .Net didn't specify a
      location and according to what I've read you need to use the
      "schemaLocation" attribute when importing an XML schema into your WSDL
      document and need to use the xsd:import and not the wsdl:import.

      The following is the message I get from the WS-I tools:

      Failure on WSI2102
      An XML schema import element references something other than an XML
      schema definition: the referenced element does not have "schema" from
      XML namespace "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" as root element.

      However, thanks for poiting out the use of DataSet. Another developer
      added this for .Net clients and I'm working on separating it out to a
      separate interface so I have one that provides a more interoperable
      interface for other clients. When I removed the dataset the import
      went away and solved my issue. Thanks much!

      Ryan

      --- In soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@g...>