1007Re: [soapbuilders] Re: MSTK2 and null

  • Fredrik Lundh
    Apr 2, 2001
      "yahoo@..." (who's this?) wrote:

      > Indeed, null != empty string.
      >
      > However, the declaration SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[4]" does not
      > preclude that some elements of the array might be null
      > (whatever "null" means). The declaration merely says that whatever
      > element are present will be of type xsd:string or subtypes of
      > xsd:string and that there will not be more than four of them (in one
      > dimension).

      sure, but can SOAP really require ALL implementations to
      have a string subtype that's "null" ?

      what if the arrayType is "xsd:int", and I want to store the in-
      coming data in a C float array? (am I supposed to use NAN?
      that's not very portable...).

      or what if it's an "xsd:boolean"? do I need tristate logic?

      Cheers /F
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic