Re: [soap-newbies] Absolute newbie

  • Julien Moorrees
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2001
      Hi,
      For some documentation to see the interaction of soap messages
      visit http://www.nims.nl/soap and click on documentation.
      Then click on the documentation of the Online Messenger Service
      webservice.
      You can now play with the different methods by sending soap
      messages.

      The arguments passed to the messages can be put in any order on
      MY webservice. I don't know what the standard is, so I programmed
      it to be safe.
      It is not advised to leave out some arguments, but I don't know if they
      are all needed in the standard.

      > I am a total newbie to soap, but am trying to learn more about it.
      > I had a few preliminary questions that I found *sorta* replies on the
      > web:
      >
      > 1. When passing parameters to a procedure call, do all the paramters
      > have to be present. i.e: if the procedure takes 5 params, then Can I
      > call the procedure with 4 values (calling using a "name" assigned to
      > the variable).
      >
      > Are the args passing based on position of the params, or does
      > order matter.
      >
      > 2. Any links on good basic information regarding SOAP messaging as
      > opposed to SOAP RPC ?
      >
      > Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
      > KS

      ''~``
      ( o o )
      | Met vriendelijke groet |
      | Julien Moorrees Ni-Frith Media Systems |
      | |
      | Mailto:julien@... |
      | .oooO http://www.nims.nl |
      | ( ) Oooo. |