Absolute newbie

  • ksatcu@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2001
      I am a total newbie to soap, but am trying to learn more about it.
      I had a few preliminary questions that I found *sorta* replies on the
      web:

      1. When passing parameters to a procedure call, do all the paramters
      have to be present. i.e: if the procedure takes 5 params, then Can I
      call the procedure with 4 values (calling using a "name" assigned to
      the variable).

      Are the args passing based on position of the params, or does
      order matter.

      2. Any links on good basic information regarding SOAP messaging as
      opposed to SOAP RPC ?

      Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
      KS
    • Julien Moorrees
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2001
        Hi,
        For some documentation to see the interaction of soap messages
        visit http://www.nims.nl/soap and click on documentation.
        Then click on the documentation of the Online Messenger Service
        webservice.
        You can now play with the different methods by sending soap
        messages.

        The arguments passed to the messages can be put in any order on
        MY webservice. I don't know what the standard is, so I programmed
        it to be safe.
        It is not advised to leave out some arguments, but I don't know if they
        are all needed in the standard.

        > I am a total newbie to soap, but am trying to learn more about it.
        > I had a few preliminary questions that I found *sorta* replies on the
        > web:
        >
        > 1. When passing parameters to a procedure call, do all the paramters
        > have to be present. i.e: if the procedure takes 5 params, then Can I
        > call the procedure with 4 values (calling using a "name" assigned to
        > the variable).
        >
        > Are the args passing based on position of the params, or does
        > order matter.
        >
        > 2. Any links on good basic information regarding SOAP messaging as
        > opposed to SOAP RPC ?
        >
        > Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
        > KS

        ''~``
        ( o o )
        | Met vriendelijke groet |
        | Julien Moorrees Ni-Frith Media Systems |
        | |
        | Mailto:julien@... |
        | .oooO http://www.nims.nl |
        | ( ) Oooo. |