Design a service using SOAP

  • mojayjay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      I am struggling with this design on how to integrate my application
      using SOAP. I would like to run a small application running on a
      target machine that listens to SOAP requests and passes the request
      to another part of the application while the service replies with an
      approprite response.

      I have three layers in this design:
      1) A Web Server [Jetty]
      2) A SOAP Service [Request Handler]
      3) A Back-End Process [ Java App ( not a web service)]

      Im stuck with the actual design as Im not sure how best to approach
      this problem. My experience is limited to servlets and JSP. The
      requirement is to make the application as minimal as possible since
      the target machine wont be that powerful.

      Thanks a Bunch Guys.