how to use SOAP for retrieving or sending datas from SAP ?

  • lionelgiavelli <lgiavelli@rhinfo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi all,
      I'm new to SOAP, (I've just installed a TomCat server and wrote a little SOAP client & server for test)
      I need to write a SOAP client to retrieve and send datas to SAP server, I have absolutely no idea about how to make this, and I can't find things about it neither.
      Moreover SAP doesn't answer to my e-mails.
      If someone knows anything about that please tell me.

      Regards

      Lionel GIAVELLI
    • McEvoy, Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
        You need some way to webservice enable the SAP API (which is either BAPI or IDoc) - usually through some form of adapter. (unless you are into writing a custom adapter using librfc32.dll which is the SAp mechanism for gettting into SAP).

        My company (IONA Technologies) sells a product called Enterprise Integrator which very easily allows you to webservice enable SAP APIs using our SAP adapter. See site below for more info...

        I would warn you though that the SAP APIs are really complex, and most of the time require some form of SAP consultancy to even figure out what you want to do with them/what they do - SOAP enabling them is the easy bit.

        This is no small project that you wish to undertake: the techie bit will actually be the easiest part - the hard part is the business analysis etc, etc.

        I think SAP provide some form of adapter for webservices but it is a separate add-on to standard SAp that you must buy. Shop around and see what you can do.

        In all cases, unless you get into some hardcore low-level programming against the DLL you are looking at spending money, and when SAP is envloved, that can mean LOTS of money.... ;-(

        Good luck...

        Pete

        www.iona.com

        I'm new to SOAP, (I've just installed a TomCat server and wrote a little SOAP client & server for test)
        I need to write a SOAP client to retrieve and send datas to SAP server, I have absolutely no idea about how to make this, and I can't find things about it neither.
        Moreover SAP doesn't answer to my e-mails.
        If someone knows anything about that please tell me.

        Regards

        Lionel GIAVELLI

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705701014:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=699820871>

      • Radovan Janecek
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
          Hi,

          Systinet's WASP works perfectly with SAP. We did
          several successful integrations in this area (making
          BAPIs available over SOAP). It is nothing difficult -
          one of our German partners said it took him 30 minutes
          make BAPI available over SOAP. However, it very
          depends on your SAP deployment and functions you want
          to call. Afaik, SAP or at least most of mySAP modules
          expose their API over SOAP already.

          If you want, you can write to info@... and
          our people will help you (if you use WASP of course
          ;-) ). WASP is free for 1-CPU commercial deployments.

          Sincerely

          Radovan

          Radovan Janecek
          VP of Engineering
          Systinet Corp.
          http://www.systinet.com

          --- "lionelgiavelli <lgiavelli@...>"
          <lgiavelli@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          > I'm new to SOAP, (I've just installed a TomCat
          > server and wrote a little SOAP client & server for
          > test)
          > I need to write a SOAP client to retrieve and
          > send datas to SAP server, I have absolutely no idea
          > about how to make this, and I can't find things
          > about it neither.
          > Moreover SAP doesn't answer to my e-mails.
          > If someone knows anything about that please tell
          > me.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Lionel GIAVELLI

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com