SOAP error

  • Thaer Al-Ibaisi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm a Java programmer, but now I have a task in my company, that to do a sample about Web service and SOAP connection in Visual Basic 6.0, so I installed MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0, and I tried to do its sample, by creating client,server parts and then run the VBS file which create SOAP client and call the exposed methods from the Web service by Soap protocol, but when I run the VBS, I have the following error, please help me in defining the problem, any quick solution will be appreciated.

      C:\Soap3DocSamples\DocSample1\Client>cscript clientDocSample1.vbs
      Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
      Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

      Error = Connector:Connection time out. HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the processing
      of this request. HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable response was received H
      RESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A1527

    • Julien Moorrees
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        Can you please post the source code you used? And are you not behind a
        firewall / proxy?

        Thaer Al-Ibaisi wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >
        >I'm a Java programmer, but now I have a task in my company, that to do a sample about Web service and SOAP connection in Visual Basic 6.0, so I installed MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0, and I tried to do its sample, by creating client,server parts and then run the VBS file which create SOAP client and call the exposed methods from the Web service by Soap protocol, but when I run the VBS, I have the following error, please help me in defining the problem, any quick solution will be appreciated.
        >
        >C:\Soap3DocSamples\DocSample1\Client>cscript clientDocSample1.vbs
        >Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
        >Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.
        >
        >Error = Connector:Connection time out. HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the processing
        > of this request. HRESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable response was received H
        >RESULT=0x800A1527 - Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A1527

        ''~``
        ( o o )
        +---------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.-----------------------+
        | Met vriendelijke groet |
        | Julien Moorrees Ni-Frith Media Systems |
        | |
        | Mailto:julien@... |
        | .oooO http://www.nims.nl |
        | ( ) Oooo. |
        +------------------------\ (----( )-------------------------+
        \_) ) /
        (_/
      • Charleste King
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
          I get the same error. After some (lengthy) investigation - it seems
          that it has to do with the MDAC. That's all I could find. Apparently
          the MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 requires MDAC 2.5. BUT the latest security
          updates/service packs for Win2K and WinXP (client and server) update
          the MDAC to 2.7 or 2.8. And (just the icing on the cake) you cannot
          roll back from 2.7 to anything. It may be something entirely
          different - all of this is based on MS documentation on MSDN.

          Let me know if you find anything out, and I'll do the same.
          --- In soap-newbies@yahoogroups.com, Thaer Al-Ibaisi <ta0002@y...>