Client works using rpc but not document style.. help.

  • rwrmcnee
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2002
      I have a function that works with SoapRpcMethodAttribute but not with
      SoapDocumentMethodAttribute. The Service returns Soap w/ payload the
      same in both cases, however with doc based my return string is empty.

      I must be doing something stupid somewhere but have nfi where.
      Any help appreciated.
      rtm

      My Class function is defined as follows

      <System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute
      ("http://ns/listServices", RequestNamespace:="http://ns/message/",
      ResponseNamespace:="http://ns/message/")> _

      Public Function listServices(ByVal ServiceName As String) As String
      Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke("listServices", New Object()
      {ServiceName})
      Return CType(results(0), String)
      End Function

      ---------

      The http sent back from request (doc & rpc) is

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <listServicesResponse SOAP-
      ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" >
      <returnValue xsi:type="xsd:string">
      <ServiceEntry displayname="Messenger" servicename="Messenger"
      status="Stopped">Messenger</ServiceEntry>
      </returnValue>
      </listServicesResponse>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>