SOAP develeopment

  • Cornel Antohi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001
      Hi,
      Someone tells me to work with soap and asked me what language offers the
      best support for this. He recomand me Delphi. What do you say ?

    • rubys@us.ibm.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2001
        --- In soap-newbies@y..., "Cornel Antohi" <cantohi@k...> wrote:

        > Someone tells me to work with soap and asked me what language
        offers the
        > best support for this. He recomand me Delphi. What do you say ?

        IMHO, the best answer is that the statements that SOAP is both
        platform neutral and language neutral are not hype. Pick the
        language that is the best for your application, and then pick the
        best SOAP implemenatation for your platform.

        Paul Kulchenko maintains a list of SOAP implementations at
        http://www.soapware.org/directory/4/implementations . If you are
        concerned about interoperability (as you should be), I'd recommend
        checking http://www.whitemesa.com/interop.htm to see how well other
        implementations interoperate with your choice.

        Good luck!

        - Sam Ruby