Apache SOAP TcpTunnelGui

  • Daniel.Wolff@sinnerschrader.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001
      Hi,

      can someone give me a hint how to use the TcpTunnelGui from Apache SOAP
      API.
      I thought to make the complete SOAP meassage visible with this GUI.
      But it doesent work.

      Am I right to get the complete SOAP XML Envelope with this GUI.

      thx daniel

      SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH
      Communication & Technology

      mailto:d.wolff@...
      http://www.sinnerschrader.com
      fon +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-0
      fax +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-55
      gasstrasse 8-16 | 22761 hamburg | germany
    • jonathan tam
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001
        first off, you have to run it with "java" then the class name.
        I assume you've done that. On the command line, when executing the tunnel,
        you set a localhost port number [1] and a host [2]. You then send any
        requests [0] to your localhost [1] (whichever computer you run the
        TcpTunnelGui from). The "tunnel" will forward any requests to the host [2].
        The host [2] will respond back to the tunnel [1]; which, in turn, forwards
        the response to your client [0]. Any requests are passed through the
        specified port on the "tunnel" computer. The tunnel will catch and display
        any text passing between your query [0] and the host[2].

        IE, Netscape localhost:8080 http://www.a.com:80

        ---> display all text going through
        in a java window;
        including the full SOAP envelopes

        I'm not quite sure if this is what you want, but I hope it helps.

        Jonathan