RE: [snowkiteidaho] Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday ?????

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
      Wow what wicked winds we had Saturday, 20-40 mph, what the heck!  Did anyone expect that? Ended up about 5 miles East of Hill City out on the flat marsh area, to get away from the really strong conditions. Steve, Hawk, and I put our 10m kites up had some mellow, some wild, and some holy S&#% moments, but the snow was deep.  KiterGuy got launched into outer space. I'm not sure he understands that Steve and I out weigh him by 50 pounds or more and that we can hold a slightly larger kite then most.  Hawk was thinking he was going to fly his 14m But he had second thoughts after seeing Kiterguy get launched - LMAOROTF.  After the Mayhem we went by Little Camas Resv and the winds were much mellower for 45 mins before dark - look like everyone had fun. Thanks for the phone call last night Jim that is the stuff that makes my day and the only reason why I like sharing this fun sport.

      Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - another weird forecast but I think we will find wind some where. Departing at 11am. I'm in for 4 in a row.

      Eddy

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
        it was interesting how we found that pocket of fun inside of the
        storm.. for a time there it was blowing 15 consistently(14m time).
        ofcourse Eddie was correct in suggesting caution because as soon as
        I pulled out the 14 it starting Nuking again! well atleast we got
        to have some good fun in some of the most pristine powder I have
        found this year. Nice back and front rolls Eddie(i liked your grabs
        on the front rolls, im gonna work on that one). Good Job to
        KiterGuuy and Jim. you guys rode like champs down in the valley...

        time for more, see you at 11
        hawk

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
        <geardaddy@...> wrote:

        > Wow what wicked winds we had Saturday, 20-40 mph, what the heck!
        Did anyone
        > expect that? Ended up about 5 miles East of Hill City out on the
        flat marsh
        > area, to get away from the really strong conditions. Steve, Hawk,
        and I put
        > our 10m kites up had some mellow, some wild, and some holy S&#%
        moments, but
        > the snow was deep. KiterGuy got launched into outer space. I'm
        not sure he
        > understands that Steve and I out weigh him by 50 pounds or more
        and that we
        > can hold a slightly larger kite then most. Hawk was thinking he
        was going
        > to fly his 14m But he had second thoughts after seeing Kiterguy
        get launched
        > - LMAOROTF. After the Mayhem we went by Little Camas Resv and the
        winds
        > were much mellower for 45 mins before dark - look like everyone
        had fun.
        > Thanks for the phone call last night Jim that is the stuff that
        makes my day
        > and the only reason why I like sharing this fun sport.
        >
        > Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - another weird forecast but I think we
        will find
        > wind some where. Departing at 11am. I'm in for 4 in a row.
        >
        > Eddy
        >
        > _____

        s=97359714/grpId=14092643/grpspId=1705065786/msgI

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
          Wind is getting weirder waiting to see something before heading out

          href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
            super-funkalicious up at Camas..... im going KGBing in Caldwell,
            steady ESE at 16.