Water sesh

  • Jason Watt
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31 10:42 AM
      Anybody up for checking out ICR, CJ, or the river today?
    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31 2:13 PM
        I'm heading out to ICR to scope it. Not sure if I'll go solo in the cold water and SE wind. If anybody wants to tag along, 412-1893.
        Jason

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
          Greg and I went out yesterday. It was little light so I took the big board with the 12. Had fun, clouds moved in and it died down and I had to hike a little bit. Greg got out for a short while and then it went pretty much dead calm (for 5 minutes). Went from 70 to 50 degrees and solid north wind. I pumped up the 9 and it was angry so aborted mission and had a beer watching the 5-7m solid beef going on. It was prolly 35+.

          Any other crazies thinking about it today?

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

          > I'm heading out to ICR to scope it. Not sure if I'll go solo in the cold water and SE wind. If anybody wants to tag along, 412-1893.
          > Jason
          >
          > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Watt <jwattboi@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anybody up for checking out ICR, CJ, or the river today?

        • Jake
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
            I am game if anybody wants to go.
            Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
              Same here.  I can leave in a few.  Give me a call.  412-1893

              jwattboi <jwattboi@...> wrote:

              >Greg and I went out yesterday. It was little light so I took the big board with the 12. Had fun, clouds moved in and it died down and I had to hike a little bit. Greg got out for a short while and then it went pretty much dead calm (for 5 minutes). Went from 70 to 50 degrees and solid north wind. I pumped up the 9 and it was angry so aborted mission and had a beer watching the 5-7m solid beef going on. It was prolly 35+.
              >
              >Any other crazies thinking about it today?
              >

              >--- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I'm heading out to ICR to scope it. Not sure if I'll go solo in the cold water and SE wind. If anybody wants to tag along, 412-1893.
              >> Jason
              >>
              >> --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Watt <jwattboi@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Anybody up for checking out ICR, CJ, or the river today?

              =
            • Jake
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                Running behind. I will head that way around 1:45.

                Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                >Same here. I can leave in a few. Give me a call. 412-1893
                >
                >On Apr 1, 2012, at 13:13, Jake <jakedobson80@...> wrote:
                >
                >> I am game if anybody wants to go.
                >> Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
                >>
                >> jwattboi <jwattboi@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> >Greg and I went out yesterday. It was little light so I took the big board with the 12. Had fun, clouds moved in and it died down and I had to hike a little bit. Greg got out for a short while and then it went pretty much dead calm (for 5 minutes). Went from 70 to 50 degrees and solid north wind. I pumped up the 9 and it was angry so aborted mission and had a beer watching the 5-7m solid beef going on. It was prolly 35+.
                >> >
                >> >Any other crazies thinking about it today?

                >> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                >> Taylor Swift's ACM chances
                >> The star faces worthy competition for Entertainer of the Year at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
                >> Privacy Policy
              • tony williams
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                  you are too desperate.  It is only 49 degrees out.  Try not to freeze.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                    I'll be there about the same time, leaving Eagle at 1:45. See you there.

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jake <jakedobson80@...> wrote:

                    > Running behind. I will head that way around 1:45.
                    > Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
                    >
                    > Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > >Same here. I can leave in a few. Give me a call. 412-1893
                    > >
                    > >On Apr 1, 2012, at 13:13, Jake <jakedobson80@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> I am game if anybody wants to go.
                    > >> Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                    > >> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                    > >> Taylor Swift's ACM chances
                    > >> The star faces worthy competition for Entertainer of the Year at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
                    > >> Privacy Policy

                  • jwattboi
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                      Perfect, water was 50.8 yesterday. Rule of 100 is almost on!
                      Shorty, plus a 543, booties, and gloves should do the trick. I think Jake is setup even better with a dry suit.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                        I've wondered about shorty on top of 43.  Let me know how that works?

                        Regards,
                        -Jason Brickner
                        Olympus Controls
                        (208)-475-4670

                        On Apr 1, 2012, at 12:41 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                        Perfect, water was 50.8 yesterday. Rule of 100 is almost on!
                        Shorty, plus a 543, booties, and gloves should do the trick. I think Jake is setup even better with a dry suit.

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                        > you are too desperate.  It is only 49 degrees out.  Try not to freeze.

                      • Jason Watt
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
                          Shorty under the 543. Rusty gets the credit for the idea.  Core is only damp when I get done.

                        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                            So how was it?
                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 14:08:01 -0600
                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                            Shorty under the 543. Rusty gets the credit for the idea.  Core is only damp when I get done.

                            On Apr 1, 2012, at 14:05, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                            I've wondered about shorty on top of 43.  Let me know how that works?

                            Regards,
                            -Jason Brickner
                            Olympus Controls
                            (208)-475-4670

                            On Apr 1, 2012, at 12:41 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                            Perfect, water was 50.8 yesterday. Rule of 100 is almost on!
                            Shorty, plus a 543, booties, and gloves should do the trick. I think Jake is setup even better with a dry suit.

                            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                            > you are too desperate.  It is only 49 degrees out.  Try not to freeze.

                          • jwattboi
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                              It was great. Seems like it was either 25 or 15. 25's were great, cooked upwind and got some decent jump practice in. 15's were lame and slogged. Got a solid hour-15 of seat time in before the lulls were large enough to not stay upwind with the 12m. Stayed warm and only my face was cold when we were tearing down. Still some dead weeds on the downwind third of the reservoir.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                                Sweet!
                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>