RE: [snowkiteidaho] Video from yesterday

  • Gavin Morrison
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 20, 2012
      Awesome footage....way to go....I wish I was there

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: rustyshill@...
      Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:02:46 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Video from yesterday

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foOSu7LhSWc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated
      www.SkyBluePhotos.com
      (208) 891-7744

    • Jason Watt
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
        Looks like we'll get to the rule of 100. Will there be good wind...
        Windalert shows some promise sat-mon in varying directions.
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
          Camas ain't done.  I'm hoping for another session.

          Eddy

        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
            Where would you be doing it, ICR?
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:07:45 -0600
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?

            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
              That or maybe the river or CJ, whatever's working.  I think some of the wind forecast looks southerly.  I'm not sure which of those options is best for that.

              From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
              Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:07:45 -0600

              =
            • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
                Flew in from the east this afternoon. The camas looks like it still has plenty of snow, little camas is back to being a reservoir. Do you really think the water temp are that warm?
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:47:10 -0600
                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?

                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 22, 2012
                  It's supposed to be 70 this weekend.  If water is 40+ I'm sure I'd go. Bonus, ten degrees over the 100 minimum.  I'm sure time spent *in* the water would at least be "refreshing".

                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                    If anyone is hitting the water let me know. I am in.
                    Jake
                    Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                    Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                    >It's supposed to be 70 this weekend. If water is 40+ I'm sure I'd go. Bonus, ten degrees over the 100 minimum. I'm sure time spent *in* the water would at least be "refreshing".
                    >

                    >On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:01 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
                    >
                    >> Flew in from the east this afternoon. The camas looks like it still has plenty of snow, little camas is back to being a reservoir. Do you really think the water temp are that warm?
                    >>
                    >> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                    >> From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                    >> Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    >> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:47:10 -0600
                    >> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                    >> ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    >> Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?
                    >>

                    >> That or maybe the river or CJ, whatever's working. I think some of the wind forecast looks southerly. I'm not sure which of those options is best for that.
                    >>

                    >> On Mar 22, 2012, at 8:52 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
                    >>

                    >>> Where would you be doing it, ICR?
                    >>>
                    >>> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                    >>> From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                    >>> Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    >>> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:07:45 -0600
                    >>> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                    >>> ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    >>> Subject: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?
                    >>>

                    >>> Looks like we'll get to the rule of 100. Will there be good wind...
                    >>> Windalert shows some promise sat-mon in varying directions.
                    >> =
                    >>

                    >> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                    >> How wedding costs should be split
                    >> In the past the bride's family footed the tab, but that's not how bills are typically paid today.
                    >> Privacy Policy
                  • Will Hise
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                      Keep me in the loop too. I REALLY want some water time, even if it is 40 deg.

                      --Will

                      Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                      >It's supposed to be 70 this weekend.  If water is 40+ I'm sure I'd go. Bonus, ten degrees over the 100 minimum.  I'm sure time spent *in* the water would at least be "refreshing".
                      >

                      >On Mar 22, 2012, at 10:01 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
                      >
                      >> Flew in from the east this afternoon. The camas looks like it still has plenty of snow, little camas is back to being a reservoir. Do you really think the water temp are that warm?
                      >>
                      >> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                      >> From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                      >> Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      >> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:47:10 -0600
                      >> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                      >> ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      >> Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?
                      >>

                      >> That or maybe the river or CJ, whatever's working.  I think some of the wind forecast looks southerly.  I'm not sure which of those options is best for that.
                      >>

                      >> On Mar 22, 2012, at 8:52 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
                      >>

                      >>> Where would you be doing it, ICR?
                      >>>
                      >>> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                      >>> From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                      >>> Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      >>> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:07:45 -0600
                      >>> To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                      >>> ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      >>> Subject: [snowkiteidaho] This weekend?
                      >>>

                      >>> Looks like we'll get to the rule of 100. Will there be good wind...
                      >>> Windalert shows some promise sat-mon in varying directions.
                      >> =
                      >>

                      >> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                      >> How wedding costs should be split
                      >> In the past the bride's family footed the tab, but that's not how bills are typically paid today.
                      >> Privacy Policy

                      <*> Your email settings:
                         Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                         (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                         snowkiteidaho-digest@yahoogroups.com
                         snowkiteidaho-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Rusty Hill
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                        I'm planing on water kiting this next week quite a bit... But I'll be in Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and the Bahamas. Sorry guys, but I'm too much of a sissy to be at ICR this early.

                        Rusty Hill
                        Photography Elevated
                        (208) 891-7744

                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                          What's the forecast for this weekend?
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                            warm and windy on the camas Saturday and Sunday ,corn snow . Even a chance of water kiting at CJ from noon on Saturday and Sunday

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                            Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                              To short of a puff span for me to chase water kiting. Both days look good but I plan on going tomorrow at noon. With second choice being sunday.  I want sun and wind.

                              Eddy

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                              Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 23, 2012
                                Corn snow is good, I'm not so sure I'm ready to jump into cj just yet. Brr!
                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:48:20 -0600
                                To: snow<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                  Howz it looking today?
                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                  From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                  Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                    I'm up for water or snow this afternoon.  Gotta wait till around 3 though.

                                    Eddy, Steve, or anybody else, does ICR or the river work in a southerly wind, or is CJ the only option?

                                    On Mar 24, 2012, at 10:42 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                                    Howz it looking today?

                                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                    From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                    Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                      I think CJ is best.

                                      I'm not seeing any signs of wind flow.

                                      Anyone else know?

                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                      Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                        Deer haven said S @ 10 every where nada
                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                        Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                          Will and I are heading out shortly if there are any takers. Albys 1pm
                                          Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                          208-863-6966

                                          From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                          Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                            We got 45 sick minutes of fun in good 13m conditions. Then it dropped and we walked home.

                                            ICR looked great on the way home. Wind was steady se but I couldn't convince eddy to trunk it. Maybe tomorrow with some warm wetties.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 24, 2012
                                              glad you guys got some. Really wanted to go but something came up at the last moment. How was the snow conditions?
                                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                              From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                              Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                My board needs wax badly. Otherwise it would have been awesome spring corn snow.  Post hole to knees in some spots.

                                                 It is still pretty good coverage but if it rains it is going to go quick. 72 today and windy.

                                                Eddy

                                                From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                                Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                  Sweet, trying to get a hall pass for the day.
                                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                  From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                                  Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                    I am free from 12:30 but have no wheels. If anyone could feel pity on a guy with no car today. I will help with gas and try and not say anything bad about your choice of kite/car/life partner.

                                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                                    From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                                    Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:19:37 +0000

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                      Anyone else thinking double sesh today, hit the camas and then ICR? I'm game if the wind cooperates.
                                                    • Jake Dobson
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                        I am game to hit the water if anyone else wants to go.
                                                        Jake

                                                        Sent from my iPad
                                                      • Jason Watt

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                            I have been working 12hr days since Thursday did anyone get on the water?

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
                                                              It was glass by the time we got there.  Water temp is 48.5. Still some dead weed stuff here and there and the water level is higher than I saw it last year.  Should be good to go with some wind.