Re: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday ?????

  • hawkicd11
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
      blown out? its nuking up there right now, do you think it will
      steady out by 3?

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
      <geardaddy@...> wrote:

      > Well Thursday was sweet but wind did not last very long but when
      it was on
      > it was stellar. I got one of my biggest and longest jumps this
      season, Not
      > sure on peak height but easy 30ft & distance was minimum of 4 line
      lengths.
      > <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?
      s=97359714/grpId=14092643/grpspId=1705065786/msgI
      > d=985/stime=1168007659/nc1=3848541/nc2=2/nc3=3>
      >
      > Friday - blowing hard already headed up with Darrel at 2:15.
      >
      > Saturday - looks promising
      >
      > Sunday - looks promising
      >
      > Still have a couple Elements left if anyone is looking for a
      inexpensive
      > snowkite.
      >

      > Gear Daddy LLC
      > Eddy
      > 863-6966

    • kiterguuy
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
        Eddy are my snowpants in your car? Thanks

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
          Friday was right on the money. Clear and steady afternoon wind

          Saturday - ??? on amount of snow and visibility,  I'll make my call by 11 am

          Sunday still looks good.

          I've got a pretty full car so let me know if ride is needed.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 6, 2007
            Looks like the winds should be good by mid afternoon.  I think I'll plan on leaving around 11:30

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 6, 2007
              good things, im headed out at 11:30 as well. see you guys up there

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                Wow what wicked winds we had Saturday, 20-40 mph, what the heck!  Did anyone expect that? Ended up about 5 miles East of Hill City out on the flat marsh area, to get away from the really strong conditions. Steve, Hawk, and I put our 10m kites up had some mellow, some wild, and some holy S&#% moments, but the snow was deep.  KiterGuy got launched into outer space. I'm not sure he understands that Steve and I out weigh him by 50 pounds or more and that we can hold a slightly larger kite then most.  Hawk was thinking he was going to fly his 14m But he had second thoughts after seeing Kiterguy get launched - LMAOROTF.  After the Mayhem we went by Little Camas Resv and the winds were much mellower for 45 mins before dark - look like everyone had fun. Thanks for the phone call last night Jim that is the stuff that makes my day and the only reason why I like sharing this fun sport.

                Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - another weird forecast but I think we will find wind some where. Departing at 11am. I'm in for 4 in a row.

                Eddy

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                  it was interesting how we found that pocket of fun inside of the
                  storm.. for a time there it was blowing 15 consistently(14m time).
                  ofcourse Eddie was correct in suggesting caution because as soon as
                  I pulled out the 14 it starting Nuking again! well atleast we got
                  to have some good fun in some of the most pristine powder I have
                  found this year. Nice back and front rolls Eddie(i liked your grabs
                  on the front rolls, im gonna work on that one). Good Job to
                  KiterGuuy and Jim. you guys rode like champs down in the valley...

                  time for more, see you at 11
                  hawk

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                    Wind is getting weirder waiting to see something before heading out

                    href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                      super-funkalicious up at Camas..... im going KGBing in Caldwell,
                      steady ESE at 16.