weekend snowkiting??

  • j clive
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15 11:42 AM
      I'm thinking that when this storm mellows out, there'll be good wind - maybe Sunday?
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16 6:02 AM
        Hope somebody got some kiting in yesterday, It looked like it would have been perfect from 2:30 on till dark.  Hope it works this weekend, I would like to get in some days before things start to melt

        I'm thinking that when this storm mellows out, there'll be good wind - maybe Sunday?

      • Jason Mac
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16 9:37 AM
          Might want to hurry, the creeks are all out and the pack looks to be about the consistency of cheesy-grits.

          On the positive side, ICR is filling up nicely-who's gonna be the 1st to brave the cold water and ride it?

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Hope somebody got some kiting in yesterday, It looked like it would have been perfect from 2:30 on till dark.  Hope it works this weekend, I would like to get in some days before things start to melt
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Will Hise
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16 10:31 AM
            I'm down for some freezing water! Let me know if it looks workable.

            On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Jason Mac <jmacmatic@...> wrote:
            Might want to hurry, the creeks are all out and the pack looks to be about the consistency of cheesy-grits.

            On the positive side, ICR is filling up nicely-who's gonna be the 1st to brave the cold water and ride it?

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

            > Hope somebody got some kiting in yesterday, It looked like it would have been perfect from 2:30 on till dark.  Hope it works this weekend, I would like to get in some days before things start to melt
            >

            > ________________________________

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               snowkiteidaho-digest@yahoogroups.com
               snowkiteidaho-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 16 7:27 PM
              Music to my ears

              Regards,
              -Jason Brickner
              Olympus Controls
              (208)-475-4670

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17 2:56 PM
                should be wind SUNDAY,,,,,

                The webcam confirms, there's wet spots on the camas - how deep? I'll just probably leave my cell phone in the car as I have found myself waste deep in icy snow-melt before.

                http://hb.511.idaho.gov/cameras/Pine_Turnoff.html

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 17 7:40 PM
                  brad gordon called the conditions out there "rain saturated glop" hmmm