Re: [snowkiteidaho] 7-Day Forecast for Latitu de 43.31�N and Longitude 115.25�W $Elev. 5438 ft$ [1 Attachment]

  • mike stecher
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2012
      thanks for the info

      --- On Wed, 2/29/12, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      From: tony williams <tonyswilliams@...>
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] 7-Day Forecast for Latitude 43.31�N and Longitude 115.25�W $Elev. 5438 ft$ [1 Attachment]
      To: "snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 1:53 PM

      so Mike
      In a light easterly wind we tend to stay on the ridge as the wind increases to get over the pass   in picture that is little box on left.  See attachment

      for anything else, we go anywhere and everywhere.   See large box.  Main point is spot to park to get off of the road. Please park to so as to leave as much room for others.  The snowmobile park on the far east side of the red box is a great spot for varied terrain and room for lots of cars.  Really you should just look for cars and kites as people tend to stick somewhat together even though they will spread out for miles.  Best to not kite alone as if you hurt yourself you will probably not be found for awhile unless your body/kite can be seen from the road.
      Have fun.

      oh check this site for current wind and this site for visibility
      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      To: "snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 8:16 AM

      I've got the day off but have a pulled muscle in back.  If it settles down I might be interested.
      I'm also taking Thursday off. If it is potentially clear I'm going.
      Eddy
      On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Darrel Thomas <darrelthomasisnow@...> wrote:

      Hoping to go this afternoon leaving 1:30-2:00. Concerned about possible wind switch.