Re: [snowkiteidaho] Long term weather prognosis

  • Whitney Rearick
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
      Sign me up!   I have a lot of catch-up to do.

      whit

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
        THATS DEPREASING

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
          Thursday leaving at 2:15

          Friday same thing

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 4, 2007
            What's 'depreasing?'

            > On NPR today I heard a NWS meorologist quoted as saying that
            January/February is when we typically feel the effects of the dreaded
            El Nino. He stated that this will normally cause unseasonably high
            temps in our region, and a split flow sending most storms to the
            south and north of us throughout January into February.

            > To throw on my $1.50 worth of BS:
            >
            > The split flow will be caused by a substantial high pressure cell
            sitting on top of us. The bad news is we won't be seeing a whole lot
            of wind or new snow. The good news is it also means inversions. Not
            always a good thing, but in terms of preserving our snowpack on the
            Camas to await the storms of late Feb through April, it is a God
            send. Like 2 and 3 years ago, when all the ski resorts were closing
            up from lack of snow, the temps on the Camus were extemely low,
            keeping us safe from melt off.

            > The
            good news is it looks good Thur, fri, Sun. Maybe Sat. Should
            be picking op a few inches of snow today/tonight.

            > My advice is to hit it hard this week/weekend, steady our hearts
            for 4-6 weeks of agonizing withdrawl, and pray for a wicked good
            Feb/March.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • rostolee
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2007
              Why is it cool to be illiterate and to be unable use spellcheck?

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@...>
              wrote:

              > What's 'depreasing?'

            • rostolee
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                ooops.... *to* use spellcheck ....

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                  Well Thursday was sweet but wind did not last very long but when it was on it was stellar.  I got one of my biggest and longest jumps this season, Not sure on peak height but easy 30ft & distance was minimum of 4 line lengths.

                  Friday - blowing hard already headed up with Darrel at 2:15.

                  Saturday - looks promising

                  Sunday - looks promising

                  Still have a couple Elements left if anyone is looking for a inexpensive snowkite.

                  Gear Daddy LLC
                  Eddy
                  863-6966
                • hawkicd11
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                    blown out? its nuking up there right now, do you think it will
                    steady out by 3?

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
                    <geardaddy@...> wrote:

                    > Well Thursday was sweet but wind did not last very long but when
                    it was on
                    > it was stellar. I got one of my biggest and longest jumps this
                    season, Not
                    > sure on peak height but easy 30ft & distance was minimum of 4 line
                    lengths.
                    > <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?
                    s=97359714/grpId=14092643/grpspId=1705065786/msgI
                    > d=985/stime=1168007659/nc1=3848541/nc2=2/nc3=3>
                    >
                    > Friday - blowing hard already headed up with Darrel at 2:15.
                    >
                    > Saturday - looks promising
                    >
                    > Sunday - looks promising
                    >
                    > Still have a couple Elements left if anyone is looking for a
                    inexpensive
                    > snowkite.
                    >

                    > Gear Daddy LLC
                    > Eddy
                    > 863-6966

                  • kiterguuy
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                      Eddy are my snowpants in your car? Thanks

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 5, 2007
                        Friday was right on the money. Clear and steady afternoon wind

                        Saturday - ??? on amount of snow and visibility,  I'll make my call by 11 am

                        Sunday still looks good.

                        I've got a pretty full car so let me know if ride is needed.

                        Eddy

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 6, 2007
                          Looks like the winds should be good by mid afternoon.  I think I'll plan on leaving around 11:30

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 6, 2007
                            good things, im headed out at 11:30 as well. see you guys up there

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                              Wow what wicked winds we had Saturday, 20-40 mph, what the heck!  Did anyone expect that? Ended up about 5 miles East of Hill City out on the flat marsh area, to get away from the really strong conditions. Steve, Hawk, and I put our 10m kites up had some mellow, some wild, and some holy S&#% moments, but the snow was deep.  KiterGuy got launched into outer space. I'm not sure he understands that Steve and I out weigh him by 50 pounds or more and that we can hold a slightly larger kite then most.  Hawk was thinking he was going to fly his 14m But he had second thoughts after seeing Kiterguy get launched - LMAOROTF.  After the Mayhem we went by Little Camas Resv and the winds were much mellower for 45 mins before dark - look like everyone had fun. Thanks for the phone call last night Jim that is the stuff that makes my day and the only reason why I like sharing this fun sport.

                              Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - another weird forecast but I think we will find wind some where. Departing at 11am. I'm in for 4 in a row.

                              Eddy

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                                it was interesting how we found that pocket of fun inside of the
                                storm.. for a time there it was blowing 15 consistently(14m time).
                                ofcourse Eddie was correct in suggesting caution because as soon as
                                I pulled out the 14 it starting Nuking again! well atleast we got
                                to have some good fun in some of the most pristine powder I have
                                found this year. Nice back and front rolls Eddie(i liked your grabs
                                on the front rolls, im gonna work on that one). Good Job to
                                KiterGuuy and Jim. you guys rode like champs down in the valley...

                                time for more, see you at 11
                                hawk

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                                  Wind is getting weirder waiting to see something before heading out

                                  href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 7, 2007
                                    super-funkalicious up at Camas..... im going KGBing in Caldwell,
                                    steady ESE at 16.