Sat Snow Predictions

  • David Jakious
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 24, 2012
      Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.
    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
        I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
          I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

          Eddy

          On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

          I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

          > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

        • j clive
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
            44 mph? did I read that right? http://windalert.com/spot/43653

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
              Jmac is in Fairfield and says it is blowing 40 consistently.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Feb 25, 2012, at 8:38 AM, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

              44 mph? did I read that right? http://windalert.com/spot/43653

              > I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds. That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!! Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing. I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.
              >
              > Eddy
              >

              > On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.
              > >
              > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow? Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

              =
            • Darrel Thomas
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.
                Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                Eddy

                On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

              • Whitney Rearick
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                  I'm in if The Winds of Doom aren't blowing. Either day.

                  On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                  Eddy

                  On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                  I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                  > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                • Andrew Goldman
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                    We stayed in Hill City last night. Blowing strong SE all night. Woke to southwest blizzard. Road closures everywhere. Really tough visibility on the roads. Barely made Fairfield. Snow drifts look big so hope it clears becausing kiting will be good. Already looking better here in Fairfield.

                    Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.

                    Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                    On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                    I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                    Eddy

                    On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                    I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                    > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                  • William Binegar
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                      Up in Sun Valley at son's state hockey tournament.  Winter Storm Watch Warning in effect until 11pm, expecting 1 foot of snow.  Agree check for road closures.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                        looks like hwy 20 is closed from MTN Home

                        Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                        208-863-6966

                        On Feb 25, 2012, at 10:45 AM, Andrew Goldman wrote:

                        We stayed in Hill City last night. Blowing strong SE all night. Woke to southwest blizzard. Road closures everywhere. Really tough visibility on the roads. Barely made Fairfield. Snow drifts look big so hope it clears becausing kiting will be good. Already looking better here in Fairfield.

                        Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.

                        Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                        On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                        I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                        Eddy

                        On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                        I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                        > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                      • Jason Watt