Does anyone want to go snowkiting today?

  • kerrminator2
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 23, 2012
      Hey guys, Garrett Kerr here, Brian and Susie's son. I am home from Seattle for a couple of weeks and I want to do some kiting while I'm here. Today is looking the best for some kiting at Fairfield. Does anyone want to carpool around noon or earlier even. Call me if you want to ride up. My cell is 208-921-3397.
    • Tonyswilliams
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 23, 2012
        Hey Garrett
        You may want to hit it at mid day or later to let the snow soften up.
        It got pretty warm yesterday and then cool last night and looking at the camera image just now there is a lot of glare. That usually means ice. Still could be a great day if temps get warm enough to soften it up.
        Have fun. I might even try a late session myself when work is done.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 23, 2012, at 9:48 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:

        Hey guys, Garrett Kerr here, Brian and Susie's son. I am home from Seattle for a couple of weeks and I want to do some kiting while I'm here. Today is looking the best for some kiting at Fairfield. Does anyone want to carpool around noon or earlier even. Call me if you want to ride up. My cell is 208-921-3397.

        =
      • kerrminator2
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 23, 2012
          Thanks Tony! I'll wait off a little bit then. We were kind of worried about the same thing, and it is still pretty cold out there right now, so I'll give it a few more hours to bake.

          What time are you getting off work?

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Hey Garrett
          > You may want to hit it at mid day or later to let the snow soften up.
          > It got pretty warm yesterday and then cool last night and looking at the camera image just now there is a lot of glare. That usually means ice. Still could be a great day if temps get warm enough to soften it up.
          > Have fun. I might even try a late session myself when work is done.
          >

          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Feb 23, 2012, at 9:48 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hey guys, Garrett Kerr here, Brian and Susie's son. I am home from Seattle for a couple of weeks and I want to do some kiting while I'm here. Today is looking the best for some kiting at Fairfield. Does anyone want to carpool around noon or earlier even. Call me if you want to ride up. My cell is 208-921-3397.
          > >

          > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
          > > Ten surprisingly affordable exotic trips
          > > A once-in-a-lifetime vacation to the Galápagos doesn't have to cost a small fortune.
          > > Privacy Policy

        • Tonyswilliams
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 23, 2012
            Not till 2:30.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:49 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:

            Thanks Tony! I'll wait off a little bit then. We were kind of worried about the same thing, and it is still pretty cold out there right now, so I'll give it a few more hours to bake.

            What time are you getting off work?

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

            > Hey Garrett
            > You may want to hit it at mid day or later to let the snow soften up.
            > It got pretty warm yesterday and then cool last night and looking at the camera image just now there is a lot of glare. That usually means ice. Still could be a great day if temps get warm enough to soften it up.
            > Have fun. I might even try a late session myself when work is done.
            >

            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Feb 23, 2012, at 9:48 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hey guys, Garrett Kerr here, Brian and Susie's son. I am home from Seattle for a couple of weeks and I want to do some kiting while I'm here. Today is looking the best for some kiting at Fairfield. Does anyone want to carpool around noon or earlier even. Call me if you want to ride up. My cell is 208-921-3397.
            > >

            > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
            > > Ten surprisingly affordable exotic trips
            > > A once-in-a-lifetime vacation to the Galápagos doesn't have to cost a small fortune.
            > > Privacy Policy

            =
          • kerrminator2
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 23, 2012
              Well, it said the high today is 29 degrees over there, so I don't know how much the snow is gonna mello out. When you get off work let me know if you want to go, and I can drive. Rusty wants to go a bunch next week, so if I don't go today it's not the end of the world. I don't think it is worth going by myself today though.

              text or call me at 208-921-3397

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

              > Not till 2:30.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:49 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Tony! I'll wait off a little bit then. We were kind of worried about the same thing, and it is still pretty cold out there right now, so I'll give it a few more hours to bake.
              > >
              > > What time are you getting off work?
              > >
              > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey Garrett
              > > > You may want to hit it at mid day or later to let the snow soften up.
              > > > It got pretty warm yesterday and then cool last night and looking at the camera image just now there is a lot of glare. That usually means ice. Still could be a great day if temps get warm enough to soften it up.
              > > > Have fun. I might even try a late session myself when work is done.
              > > >

              > > > Sent from my iPhone

            • Jason Mac
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 24, 2012
                We were out yesterday @ High Prairie Road area and the surface conditions were sketchy & variable. Breakable crust, firm in most areas gave way to holy pockets of gropple w/water flowing underneath.

                I cratered on a pond skim and uncovered a 3' deep pond. Very wet out there. There were acre-sized runoff lakes and streams flowing everywhere. Atleast the wind was hairdryer smooth 9M for most of the afternoon.

                FYI--Bonfire on Saturday at Sunset as a 'burn for snow' @ MSP Snowmo Par. Toasting bonfire and sacrificing sliders to the snow gods. See ya out there!

                Team ShredGnar (aka, Flexifoil Rompers)

              • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 24, 2012
                  So technically you are the first man to go kite "Boarding" this year; no?
                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: "Jason Mac" <jmacmatic@...>
                  Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:45:56 -0000
                  To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Does anyone want to go snowkiting today?

                  We were out yesterday @ High Prairie Road area and the surface conditions were sketchy & variable. Breakable crust, firm in most areas gave way to holy pockets of gropple w/water flowing underneath.

                  I cratered on a pond skim and uncovered a 3' deep pond. Very wet out there. There were acre-sized runoff lakes and streams flowing everywhere. Atleast the wind was hairdryer smooth 9M for most of the afternoon.

                  FYI--Bonfire on Saturday at Sunset as a 'burn for snow' @ MSP Snowmo Par. Toasting bonfire and sacrificing sliders to the snow gods. See ya out there!

                  Team ShredGnar (aka, Flexifoil Rompers)

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@...> wrote:

                  > Well, it said the high today is 29 degrees over there, so I don't know how much the snow is gonna mello out. When you get off work let me know if you want to go, and I can drive. Rusty wants to go a bunch next week, so if I don't go today it's not the end of the world. I don't think it is worth going by myself today though.
                  >
                  > text or call me at 208-921-3397
                  >
                  > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Not till 2:30.
                  > >
                  > > Sent from my iPhone
                  > >
                  > > On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:49 AM, "kerrminator2" <kerrminator2@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Thanks Tony! I'll wait off a little bit then. We were kind of worried about the same thing, and it is still pretty cold out there right now, so I'll give it a few more hours to bake.
                  > > >
                  > > > What time are you getting off work?

                • David Jakious
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 24, 2012
                    Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.
                  • jwattboi
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                      I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                        I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                        Eddy

                        On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                        I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                        > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                      • j clive
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                          44 mph? did I read that right? http://windalert.com/spot/43653

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                            Jmac is in Fairfield and says it is blowing 40 consistently.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Feb 25, 2012, at 8:38 AM, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                            44 mph? did I read that right? http://windalert.com/spot/43653

                            > I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds. That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!! Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing. I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.
                            >
                            > Eddy
                            >

                            > On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.
                            > >
                            > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow? Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                            =
                          • Darrel Thomas
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                              Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.
                              Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                              On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                              I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                              Eddy

                              On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                              I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                              > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                            • Whitney Rearick
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                                I'm in if The Winds of Doom aren't blowing. Either day.

                                On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                                I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                                Eddy

                                On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                                I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                                > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                              • Andrew Goldman
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                                  We stayed in Hill City last night. Blowing strong SE all night. Woke to southwest blizzard. Road closures everywhere. Really tough visibility on the roads. Barely made Fairfield. Snow drifts look big so hope it clears becausing kiting will be good. Already looking better here in Fairfield.

                                  Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.

                                  Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                                  On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                                  I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                                  Eddy

                                  On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                                  I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                                  > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                                • William Binegar
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                                    Up in Sun Valley at son's state hockey tournament.  Winter Storm Watch Warning in effect until 11pm, expecting 1 foot of snow.  Agree check for road closures.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 25, 2012
                                      looks like hwy 20 is closed from MTN Home

                                      Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                      208-863-6966

                                      On Feb 25, 2012, at 10:45 AM, Andrew Goldman wrote:

                                      We stayed in Hill City last night. Blowing strong SE all night. Woke to southwest blizzard. Road closures everywhere. Really tough visibility on the roads. Barely made Fairfield. Snow drifts look big so hope it clears becausing kiting will be good. Already looking better here in Fairfield.

                                      Your camas snow sensor: Camas Crk Divide the sensor up on last resort.

                                      Looks like a couple inches, but pretty windy, so expect icy with sticky drifts.

                                      On Saturday, February 25, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:

                                      I was planning Sunday instead. But forecast says SE winds.  That quick of a change can mean skunkage!!!  Maybe a late Saturday afternoon session for me if there is any clearing.  I'm not bothering if it is snowing or flat light.

                                      Eddy

                                      On Feb 25, 2012, at 7:36 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                                      I'd like to get out today. If nothing else, maybe Little Camas reservoir flats. I kited there once last year when the prairie was 30+, it was 18-ish there. Webcam looks like some new snow, but if it's over ice not to sure about going.

                                      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

                                      > Looks like it will be windy, but any snow quality predictions for tomorrow?  Looked pretty darn shiny on the webcam late this afternoon.

                                    • Jason Watt