Re: [idahokiteboarding] Solid Beef Baby!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2012
      Yeah, Jason, yesterday was gnarly crazy.  Locals tell us the windmeter at Joe's that makes this graph it at location registering lightest winds on the coast: http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=130&siteID=1369&days=1&Isection=Wind+Yesterday

      After coming in, a local guy w/ weather meter on property said he measured averages 29-33, w/ higher gusts, one up to 54 mph!  Worse, the El Norte was just starting to move in and winds had big westerly component so tumbling right over mountains.  Outbound reaches often toward northern half of inland.  Crazy mega-on then off.  We launched at hotsprings beach & turning corner looking down 5 miles to Baja Joes was huge brown cloud blotting out everything on south end of bay.  I fired up a 7.5m, set on near full depower and still way overpowered in the surges.  Friend was demoing 7m North Rebel so took down 7.5m &put  up his 5.5m.  Fine in surges, but plenty of holes with nothing too.  Buddy on 7m OPed so just flew downwind to Joe's.  Very crap conditions, not trickeration on the trip down...by me or anyone else.  About time I got to Joe's it eased a bit and straightened out direction some and now 7.5 needed.  Sheesh, but 4pm so called it quits.  Mega-rodeo day.  Blew all night.  Today should be better direction and not so violent.  Will see...planning another downwinder.

      Juan

      On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Hello Jon,

      Hope you’re getting some of this in La Ventanna: