Re: [snowkiteidaho] Indian Creek

    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 17, 2012
    Yesterday gentle 12m, easy play day, try anything.  Don't think I've ever been here in January when it's been this warm.  Simply terrific.  Dinner @ Viento del Norte, rellenos camarones & papas rellenos asada & their huge Margaritas.  See picture.

    Today morning sunrise fantastic red.  After home-made omelets, got the motobikes out for first ride...playin' on bikes until about 1pm.  Wind came up early today & kiting started while we're out riding. Downwinder from 1:45 to ~4:30.  Litsky on 11m.  Getting used to new kite now.  Jumping the shrimp boats. Not a cloud...warm & blue sky.  Have to ask for camarones tomorrow.  Dinner in camp: pargo (snapper) sashimi & Margaritas, followed by killer salad & baked pargo & jurel (Yellowtail) & corn on cob.  The Oscarito market sells killer homemade strawberry ice cream stop your heart.  Terrifically warm again today...

    All for now...

    Juan

    On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

    Call me a dreamer… but what else have we been able to do lately….

    Thinking out loud… but if we get a bunch of heavy wet snow on top of the frozen hard ground and then a ton of rain and warm temps…. Then wouldn’t  Indian Creek have a good chance of picking up a few inches of water?

    Crossing my fingers for lots of snow on the Camas and Bogus and lots of water for ICR.

    Should begin tonight.

    Hey Jon Bolt… how about another fix.. looks good today

    Message 2 of 24 , Feb 22
      Any of you guys with dry suits get out yesterday in that fantastic wind we had and initiate Indian Creek?

      Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
    • Will Hise
      Message 3 of 24 , Feb 22
        Nope, but Peter and I got out today in that not so fantastic wind and snow.

        Nice adventure but not great kiting. We rigged too small. Fun but we couldn't stay upwind.

        Peter also sampled the water so we should know in a few days how toxic it is if he ends up in hospital.

        On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
        Any of you guys with dry suits get out yesterday in that fantastic wind we had and initiate Indian Creek?

        Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

      • Peter Hammett
        Message 4 of 24 , Feb 22
          Will and I got out today at Indian Creek. Both on 10's. Both should have been on 12's. Still had fun.
          -Peter

          Message 5 of 24 , Feb 23
            Peter couple of quick questions. What is you guess the water temp and Indian Creek was period and what was the launch like is there's still some beach is it muddy or brushing? Just want to get a feel for whether or not we need a clean up party. Thanks for your reply

                  Message 9 of 24 , Mar 3
                    Update on Indian Creek work party. Looks like it's going to be rainy this weekend and from the feedback I got it doesn't sound like there's a whole lot to do out there anyway. So so when I'm out there cutting her sale and I'll just pull a few weeds and if everybody else does the same I think it'll be plenty good. Steve linane

                    Message 10 of 24 , Mar 5

                      I got an hour session at Indian Creek today on a 12m. It is so full that the water is above the 2-track road on the South East side. I'm stoked to kite there until the snakes show up.

                      -Peter

                      Message 11 of 24 , Mar 5
                        Peter you're amazing dude. 40 degree water and 40 degree air

                        On Mar 5, 2017 3:07 PM, "Peter Hammett peterhammett@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        I got an hour session at Indian Creek today on a 12m. It is so full that the water is above the 2-track road on the South East side. I'm stoked to kite there until the snakes show up.

                        -Peter

                        I would agree with Will that a bit of cleanup would help, but it wouldn't take much at all. I'm guessing water temp was in the low 40's. I wore a hood and was really comfortable.
                        -Peter.

                        Any of you guys with dry suits get out yesterday in that fantastic wind we had and initiate Indian Creek?

                        Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

                      • jwattboi

                        I would agree with Will that a bit of cleanup would help, but it wouldn't take much at all. I'm guessing water temp was in the low 40's. I wore a hood and was really comfortable.
                        -Peter.

                        Any of you guys with dry suits get out yesterday in that fantastic wind we had and initiate Indian Creek?

                        Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

                      • jeffnoble83
                        Message 13 of 24 , Mar 13
                          I swung through ICR yesterday on my way back from Camas. I through a thermometer in the water to check temp. I did the same thing last Saturday. Last Saturday the temp read 45 degrees, this week it showed 49. I'm sure it's colder out further from shore, but it's warming up.
                        • Gregory Danley
                          Message 14 of 24 , Mar 14
                            Anyone hear of someone picking up my Cabrinha kite bag and pump from near the gravel shed a few weeks ago? I still can't believe someone hiked out to snag it.

                            Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                            Message 15 of 24 , May 6
                              Out here at Indian Creek  it looks like another 7 meter day

                              Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
                            • leelinfat@...
                              Message 16 of 24 , May 6
                                On my way in 10 min.