Mexico

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 12, 2012
      Jon , J
      What's the news from Mexco ?
      Same news here" Se contrae con el frío " and I don't know of a solution
      Steve-O
    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 12, 2012
        El purchaso el ticketo and go'Oh
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: steve linane <itile@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:27:01 -0700
        To: snow<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Mexico

        Jon , J
        What's the news from Mexco ?
        Same news here" Se contrae con el frío " and I don't know of a solution
        Steve-O
      • jwattboi
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 12, 2012
          I'm thinking of going down and hanging with Mike Z around Feb 18-25. Anyone else down for it? Tix on United are anywhere between 411 and 765 depending on days traveled.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 12, 2012
            All my fun days are spent :(
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 04:00:51 -0000
            To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Mexico

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 14, 2012
              Arrived Thursday night after dark.  2 days travel 11 hours each day, hard to do it any faster w/ single lanes & traffic & towns.  Setup camp & RV Friday AM, then short 10-12m session.  Folks who've been here say the previous Monday it just now turned cold here, but days feel nice to me and only feeling cold just before dawn.  More camp setup today (got wireless internet access going just minutes ago).  Whew...need a break from the strain...looks like another 10-12m day but could be more 'cause it's little early but first kiters are on the water.  Sunnier & warmer than yesterday...think we have mild El Norte going because blew most of the night...

              Off to the Beach...

              Vaya Grande

              On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

              Jon , J
              What's the news from Mexco ?
              Same news here" Se contrae con el frío " and I don't know of a solution
              Steve-O

            • Jack Harrison
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 15, 2012

                Jon – you have a minute, gives us some more details…I’d like to know where you’re at and how you got there.

                Enjoy!

                Jack

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 15, 2012
                  Jack...I'm in La Ventana which is about 40 minutes east of La Paz on Sea of Cortez.  It's a small dirt roaded sleepy village of Mexican fisherman except November-April when the wind junkies and snowbirds arrive.  Some camp, some have homes.  Fantastically beautiful setting , conditions for kiting, great eats where local Mexicans do home cooking...

                  We drove from San Diego but you can fly into either Cabo (and take 2 hr drive), or La Paz.  Rent cars either place.

                  Yesterday another 10-12m day with smooth winds, warm.  Last night was annual Burning Bush festival...like Burning Man but way smaller...but a few exhibits came from BurningMan.  Way cool.  Theme this ear was "World Ends in 2012"...evidently Mayan Calendar ends in 2012 more precisely predicting the end at 12/12/12.  This website will have pix when the photographer gets around to posting them: www.ventana411.com .  I'll get names of other websites that have pix and send the urls.

                  Today  12:30PM looks like a bluebird sky thermal day probably 12m maybe 14. Warm no clouds.  Time for the downwinder...later...

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 15, 2012
                    Jon
                    thanks for the report . J Jordan is down there he said he would look you up his # is 869-2307 . Looks like big kit today and tomorrow but picks up Tuesday Wednesday .
                    what kites did you bring , did you get your knew Kahoons ? are you still using the old old stonker ? maybe time to up grade . lets us know if you demo anything
                     Steve-O

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 15, 2012
                        Big kites down by B. Joe's, but solid beef 12m up north here. Did downwinder from hot springs and great time up north but halfway down it weenied.   Drove back up north and back out on 11.5 for sweet another sweet sesh.  I've used 11.5 Kahoona all 3 days of kiting so far.  Figuring it out & experimenting w/ line lengths & pigtail settings.  My take so far...it's a little slow & lumbering for my taste but that'll be a benefit for 5.5 & 7.5.  When I go to 20m lines it's a lot better...but I can see it'll take some adaptation.  l have my Eclipses too and will do head-to-head trials tomorrow.

                        Thanks for headsup about J.  I'll email him.

                        All this next week is big Kite Expo so will demo & report.  Still on the Stonker.  Tried a couple other boards first two days but still like the Stonk...

                        Senor Jon

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 15, 2012
                          are you saying 20m lines are the long one ? as in you are flying something shorter ? 25m to 27m are going to make that a completely different kit , give you a lot more power , I fly 27m  , 25m , 27m are the stander , 20m for surf or learning . but you know all this , get some extinctions at B, Joes  . Did you bring your camera ?
                          Lets see some action .
                          also demo a slingshot rally for me , preferable a 12m

                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 16, 2012
                            Yes John,

                            Would love to hear about the Rally...

                            Let us know if you do any shrimp fishing on your downwinder again this year.

                            -JBrick