Re: Road trip to Snowkite festival

  • j clive
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
      Yes - I'll be there - unless they cancel due to lack of snow - I heard it isn't very good there now...

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
        I got a hall pass!  But I'll only go if there is no local snow :-(

        Eddy

        On Jan 6, 2012, at 8:40 AM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

        Fellow kiters,
        Is anyone thinking of going to the snowkite masters at Skyline Utah.   It is the 3rd 4th and 5th of Feb this year.  It was really good last year as Darrel and Jay will agree.  I am ready to get a large dose of shredding and some gliding in and just wanted to know if anyone wants to carpool.  It is a kind of boring drive alone.  If the wind does not show, we can go skiing/boarding at one of the ski resorts so it will be a good time no matter what.  Let me know.

        Also there is the kite festival at Jackson basin on the Presidents day weekend(20th of feb) or Strawberry res festival in Utah at same time.  I am waiting to see who has best conditions to choose between those two.

      • Tonyswilliams
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
          Hopefully they will have some storms this month

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 7, 2012, at 7:21 AM, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

          Yes - I'll be there - unless they cancel due to lack of snow - I heard it isn't very good there now...

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Fellow kiters,
          > Is anyone thinking of going to the snowkite masters at Skyline Utah.   It is the 3rd 4th and 5th of Feb this year.  It was really good last year as Darrel and Jay will agree.  I am ready to get a large dose of shredding and some gliding in and just wanted to know if anyone wants to carpool.  It is a kind of boring drive alone.  If the wind does not show, we can go skiing/boarding at one of the ski resorts so it will be a good time no matter what.  Let me know.
          >
          > Also there is the kite festival at Jackson basin on the Presidents day weekend(20th of feb) or Strawberry res festival in Utah at same time.  I am waiting to see who has best conditions to choose between those two.

        • James Buchanan
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
            It snowed in salt lake this morning only about an inch of cement but they are waiting for more. It looks gloomy here hopefully more to come!

            Tutto Bene
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 24, 2012
              Anyone still thinking about going?  If I end up going I'll drive but will be picking up a passenger (Jeff) in SLC. I need to decide very soon...by noon.   The thought of 15hrs of RT driving is not very  inticing especially n we have it an hr away!

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 24, 2012
                I am still looking to go and would ride with you if you want some company to keep off the boredom

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jan 24, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                Anyone still thinking about going?  If I end up going I'll drive but will be picking up a passenger (Jeff) in SLC. I need to decide very soon...by noon.   The thought of 15hrs of RT driving is not very  inticing especially n we have it an hr away!

                Eddy

                On Jan 7, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                Hopefully they will have some storms this month

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jan 7, 2012, at 7:21 AM, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                Yes - I'll be there - unless they cancel due to lack of snow - I heard it isn't very good there now...

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                > Fellow kiters,
                > Is anyone thinking of going to the snowkite masters at Skyline Utah.   It is the 3rd 4th and 5th of Feb this year.  It was really good last year as Darrel and Jay will agree.  I am ready to get a large dose of shredding and some gliding in and just wanted to know if anyone wants to carpool.  It is a kind of boring drive alone.  If the wind does not show, we can go skiing/boarding at one of the ski resorts so it will be a good time no matter what.  Let me know.
                >
                > Also there is the kite festival at Jackson basin on the Presidents day weekend(20th of feb) or Strawberry res festival in Utah at same time.  I am waiting to see who has best conditions to choose between those two.

              • rybarnes12
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 26, 2012
                  I am definitely looking to head out for this...does anyone know how the access is? I've got my terribly low to the ground 2wd Honda and don't want to get down there only to realize I can't get to the event. (Camas almost prooved to be too much as it is.)

                  ...that being said, I'd be happy to tag along with someone with a better car!