Looking for winter

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
      FOUND IT!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpRU7pKnMok&feature=youtube_gdata_player

      Now it's back to riding my bike to work and waiting...

      Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
        Where were you?

        Dan and Jen went up near Stanley (Petit Lake area) a month ago and now there are 3 of you that have kited this year :-(

        I want some!!!

        Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
        208-863-6966

        On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:02 AM, Darrel Thomas wrote:

        FOUND IT!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpRU7pKnMok&feature=youtube_gdata_player

        Now it's back to riding my bike to work and waiting...

        Darrel Thomas
        Sent from my iPhone

      • Gavin Morrison
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
          The Stanley Basin was the first place I ever saw snowkiting....about 10 years ago

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
            Alturas Lake cross country ski area. It's a nice spot, about a 30 acre area that nice rolling shoulder inside a no motorized park. There's another hill behind it with sled tracks on it and another couple of flat areas inside the no motor area. The groomer dude was there and didn't say anything, so I consider that implied permission. Given the distance and the crapshoot wind, I wouldn't go there to kite, but it's worth bringing your kites if you're up there for a couple days to xc ski or whatever other winter diversions you enjoy. If you do it, please be respectful of the ski area; stay off the trails, avoid the skiers, blah blah blah... And pay the suggested $5 donation!

            Darrel Thomas
            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jan 3, 2012, at 7:39 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

            Where were you?

            Dan and Jen went up near Stanley (Petit Lake area) a month ago and now there are 3 of you that have kited this year :-(

            I want some!!!

            Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
            208-863-6966

            On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:02 AM, Darrel Thomas wrote:

            FOUND IT!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpRU7pKnMok&feature=youtube_gdata_player

            Now it's back to riding my bike to work and waiting...

            Darrel Thomas
            Sent from my iPhone

          • Jason
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
              EdD,

              Don't be fooled by the lack of snow on the webcam, I've had 2 stellar sessions in the flats and low rollers off High Prairie road. The last one was right after a monster 2" snowstorm that left me breathless in face shots. Sarcasm filter on :-)

              Jmac

            • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012
                Cool!
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 05:02:12 -0700
                To: Snowkiteidaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Looking for winter

                FOUND IT!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpRU7pKnMok&feature=youtube_gdata_player

                Now it's back to riding my bike to work and waiting...

                Darrel Thomas
                Sent from my iPhone

              • Josh Woodland
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2012

                  My brother and I got a couple of hours in on Saturday. We were in the Salt Lake area, and after finding no snow around Park City, we decided to go see what Strawberry reservoir was like. Their snow situation is as poor as ours. The reservoir had 8"of ice, and we were lucky enough to find a cove where the snow hadn't blown off. There was enough wind for a good time.  I'd like to go back when they have a few feet of snow.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_dbFOlqmk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

                  Josh